MJK1 and MJK3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amanda Sumner View Post
    I read somewhere, but I can't remember where, that, in fact, her eyes were not photographed.
    Walter Dew was a detective constable at the time of the murders and, according to his own account, attended the Miller’s Court crime scene. Here’s what he wrote:-

'I have told you about the eyes of Marie Kelly, wide-open and staring in death. To someone, those eyes suggested a possible clue.

There was at the time a wide-spread superstition that the retina of a murdered person's eyes would, if photographed, give a picture of the last person upon whom the victim looked.

I do not for a moment think that the police ever seriously expected the photograph of the murderer to materialize, but it was decided to try the experiment.

Several photographs of the eyes were taken by expert photographers with the latest type cameras.

The result was negative.'

Unfortunately, although Dew detailed his experiences at the crime scene, he does not make it absolutely clear where the retinal images were recorded. Whether they were recorded at Miller’s Court or the mortuary, they certainly appear to have been recorded.

Originally posted by Amanda Sumner View Post
    I would like to see this evidence that this photograph was part of a series...
    Then, Amanda, with respect, do what the rest of us do and research the various sources for yourself.

Comment

• Te only sign...

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
      Closing ranks how pathetic !
      The only sign of anything pathetic around here is you!
      SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

• Great

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
        I really couldn't have said it better.
        Paul, great to see you are still participating and I hope that all is well with you, it's been too long.
        SPE

Comment

• Thanks for your input, Stewart. I'm sure there are some posters left here who value pertinent information and have the capacity for disseminating it. Unfortunately, as you obviously know, this subject has always drawn its share of the fringe element and snake oil salesmen. As Sugden said, "The whole subject is now a minefield to the unwary "
          Best Wishes,
          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
            The only sign of anything pathetic around here is you!
            Its always a good sign that you have them on the run when they resort to insults !

Comment

• Thank You

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
              Thanks for your input, Stewart. I'm sure there are some posters left here who value pertinent information and have the capacity for disseminating it. Unfortunately, as you obviously know, this subject has always drawn its share of the fringe element and snake oil salesmen. As Sugden said, "The whole subject is now a minefield to the unwary "
              Thank you for that but I doubt that Trevor Marriott will thank you for referring to him as part of 'the fringe element and snake oil salesmen.'
              SPE

Comment

• Oh...

Its always a good sign that you have them on the run when they resort to insults !
                Oh what some gift...
                SPE

Comment

Use your orbs, read, and internalize. We know from Phillips' exchange with Wynne Baxter at the Chapman inquest that he felt that 'it was a great pity' to give detailed medical evidence. Hence my statement that Phillips undoubtedly felt it best not to give such evidence.
                  Thats fine but why try to speculate on what he evidence he might or might not have given.

The simple fact is that Bond does not mention the missing heart in his report to Anderson that is fact. Those that want to believe the killer took it away will say because he forgot. How could he forget such an important issue. The missing organs from Kelly and Chapman were well publicized what reason was there for keeping this quiet-none.

No official following the initial post mortem mentions the heart being missing, why ? No one in later years mentions the heart missing, why?Because as is stated in all the newspapers all the body parts were later accounted for.

Now popular to what you suggest I am not making this up, unlike those who are making up the forgot explanation to suit the old theory.

Comment

Thank you for that but I doubt that Trevor Marriott will thank you for referring to him as part of 'the fringe element and snake oil salesmen.'
                    Water off a ducks back to me the more they give the more they get back

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                      Closing ranks how pathetic !
                      A sadly predictable response. But it's not closing ranks. Stewart's clear and succinct statement of the facts was worthy of comment. It's a pity you don't heed it.

Comment

Water off a ducks back to me the more they give the more they get back
                        Says the man who can't even remember the contents of his own authored book

Comment

• Originally posted by El White Chap View Post
                          Says the man who can't even remember the contents of his own authored book
                          Who rattled your cage

Comment

By the way, it is amazing to see the hatchet myth still running despite the fact it was knocked on the head years ago.
                            I did mention that about 200 posts back, but was ignored.

Rob

Comment

Who rattled your cage
                              Certainly not you Trev, your way too busy rattling your own!

Comment

• What...?

Thats fine but why try to speculate on what he evidence he might or might not have given.
                                The simple fact is that Bond does not mention the missing heart in his report to Anderson that is fact. Those that want to believe the killer took it away will say because he forgot. How could he forget such an important issue. The missing organs from Kelly and Chapman were well publicized what reason was there for keeping this quiet-none.
                                No official following the initial post mortem mentions the heart being missing, why ? No one in later years mentions the heart missing, why?Because as is stated in all the newspapers all the body parts were later accounted for.
                                Now popular to what you suggest I am not making this up, unlike those who are making up the forgot explanation to suit the old theory.
                                What exactly are you trying to say here?

What relevance is there in Bond not mentioning the missing heart in his report to Anderson on November 10, 1888, when the fact is that Bond supplied Anderson with his seven pages of notes concerning his examination of the scene and notes of the post mortem examination in which he stated that the heart was absent? Hebbert's notes on the case indicated the same thing, of course.
                                SPE

Comment

Working...
                                X