MJK1 and MJK3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amanda Sumner View Post
    It's news to me too, Gut but, alas, I do not have that pleasurable, I'm sure, status in his life.
    G'day Amanda

Are you sure being married to Jon would be pleasurable?
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• In support of a post by Amanda earlier,... and without any agenda, book to push, ego to feed or argument to make...the photo she showed is quite possibly of someones right hand. The remote shutter possibility is of course there..the bedding stuffed down where the camera would have been placed is sufficiently suggestive.

That's from a purely objective standpoint....something I would highly recommend to some posters.

Cheers
      Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda Sumner View Post
        Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Wickerman, my dear.

I was wrong...I admit it , I said it was Americanism, I was wrong. They use the word but do not use the word postmortem for an autopsy, but in English English, the former came into common use around 1850. We use postmortem examination, postmortem for short, more often than autopsy. However, dear, they mean exactly the same thing.
        Not a problem my dear, we all make mistakes. Now if we can just get you to admit the same with respect to MJK3?

Oh, and by the way, your composure under pressure has been duly noted, and is commendable.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Looking at just the hand I can manage a right hand, I can persuade myself it's a thumb not a finger, if I try.

But when I add the wrist and arm I get left every time, and when I throw in the leg it must be left I think.

But to play Devil's advocate. So what if it's the hand of an assistant, perhaps holding some flash tape or otherwise assisting in getting the shot, what does that have to do with the photo being of MJK or not? To me the clear answer is nothing.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

What I think is the main problem with the hand is that it appears to be so swollen. Even in MJK1 it appears swollen, don't you think? There is no evidence in MJK3 of any knuckles at all.

I hope and pray she got a real good punch in before he killed her.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
              Looking at just the hand I can manage a right hand, I can persuade myself it's a thumb not a finger, if I try.

But when I add the wrist and arm I get left every time, and when I throw in the leg it must be left I think.

But to play Devil's advocate. So what if it's the hand of an assistant, perhaps holding some flash tape or otherwise assisting in getting the shot, what does that have to do with the photo being of MJK or not? To me the clear answer is nothing.
              My intention with my post Gut was to support Amandas point about that specific characteristic, not to agree or disagree with any position on whom is the focus of the shot. Personally though,...I don't see any reason to doubt that the woman who identified herself as Mary Jane Kelly is the victim in those photos.

I don't think her real name was Mary Jane Kelly...which opens up many lines of questioning as to a possible motive for her murder.

Cheers
              Michael Richards

Comment

• The Daily News, Saturday 10 November 1888

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Daily News  Saturday 10 November 1888.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	665635

Rob

Comment

• Hi Rob,

Thanks.

What was Dr. John R. Gabe, Surgeon to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Young Children, doing in Millers Court?

Had he perhaps come to attend to the child reportedly staying in Kelly's room - the child which most Ripperologists are inclined to deny ever existed?

Regards,

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• I fancy that there were at least 5 more photos taken that day.

Trouble is, when they do surface... will we believe them?

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                    The Daily News, Saturday 10 November 1888

[ATTACH]16175[/ATTACH]

Rob
                    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
                    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
                    ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                      Hi Rob,

Thanks.

What was Dr. John R. Gabe, Surgeon to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Young Children, doing in Millers Court?

Had he perhaps come to attend to the child reportedly staying in Kelly's room - the child which most Ripperologists are inclined to deny ever existed?

Regards,

Simon
                      No idea Simon, I wish I knew, also the names of the other surgeons who attended. I am guessing one my be Doctor Brown.

Regards

Rob

Comment

• Hi Rob,

Dr. George Bagster Phillips / 2 Spital Square
                        Dr. Percy John Clark (Assistant to Dr. Phillips) / 22 Margaret Street [Cavendish Square]
                        Dr. Thomas Bond / 7 The Sanctuary, Westminster
                        Dr. Charles Alfred Hebbert / Westminster
                        Dr. J. R. Gabe / 16 Mecklenburgh Square
                        Dr. Frederick Gordon Brown / 17 Finsbury-Circus
                        Dr. Dukes / 75 Brick Lane

How careless of seven doctors to miss the split femur.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                          Hi Rob,

Dr. George Bagster Phillips / 2 Spital Square
                          Dr. Percy John Clark (Assistant to Dr. Phillips) / 22 Margaret Street [Cavendish Square]
                          Dr. Thomas Bond / 7 The Sanctuary, Westminster
                          Dr. Charles Alfred Hebbert / Westminster
                          Dr. J. R. Gabe / 16 Mecklenburgh Square
                          Dr. Frederick Gordon Brown / 17 Finsbury-Circus
                          Dr. Dukes / 75 Brick Lane

How careless of seven doctors to miss the split femur.

Regards,

Simon
                          Perhaps they, perhaps they didn't. But then some people can't tell the difference between a thumb and a little finger.

Regards

Rob

Comment

• Hi Rob,

Perhaps they [did what?].

Perhaps they didn't [do what?].

Please take a few more lessons at your local polytechnic before attempting to come across as enigmatic.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                              The Daily News, Saturday 10 November 1888 ...
                              Thanks, Rob. I've seen a number of similar press reports down the years, including one which stated that Kelly's eyes were photographed in the belief that the killer's image might have been retained on her retinae. Given Matthews enquiry on this very subject, it certainly provides food for thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                                In support of a post by Amanda earlier,... and without any agenda, book to push, ego to feed or argument to make...the photo she showed is quite possibly of someones right hand. The remote shutter possibility is of course there..the bedding stuffed down where the camera would have been placed is sufficiently suggestive.

That's from a purely objective standpoint....something I would highly recommend to some posters.

Cheers
                                This pretty much makes it official. It IS a left hand. Sorry, Amanda.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X