Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by markmorey5 View Post
    I just looked at the crime scene photos of Mary Kelly and I remembered one other difference between Kel;y's murder and the other victims. The heads of the other victims had been turned away from their murderer while the head of Mary Kelly was turned towards her murderer. From a psychological perspective that may be more significant than it seems.
    G'day Mark

My big question is "Were the other heads turned away and was MJK's turned towards her killer?" We can only guess as to his position in each murder, I give you that at least for some victims it is the most likely scenario, but is t certain?
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincenzo View Post
      Completely agree with you here.

Also, I think that his experience with the Mary Kelly bloodbath may have driven him to suicide in the days or weeks following.

This is strictly my own theory. But his previous murders were in low light and he didn't have much time to do everything he had probably always imagined. In MJK's room, however, he had all the time to indulge in every debauchery and enough light to see it all. I think he may very well have killed himself, not being able to live with himself after seeing that horror. And really, what else was there to do after he annihilated poor Mary? He still may have felt empty. If that wasn't going to satisfy him, maybe he realized that nothing ever would?

Anyways, just one of my little pet theories as to why he seemed to drop off the face of the earth after MJK's brutal murder.
      G'day Vincenzo

Welcome to Casebook hope you enjoy your stay.

Not exactly your theory old son been around since at least 1891 maybe longer.

And he only dropped off the radar after MJK if we accept the C5.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
        G'day Vincenzo

Welcome to Casebook hope you enjoy your stay.

Not exactly your theory old son been around since at least 1891 maybe longer.

And he only dropped off the radar after MJK if we accept the C5.
        Oh, yea, I am sure others have thought of it. I mean, really, it would be hard for anyone to come up with ANY new theory after all this time.

I haven't exactly seen anyone word the suicide theory based specifically on guilt from the Mary Kelly horror. But I have no doubt it has been put forward by more than a couple people.

I call it "my theory" because it is my personal favorite as to why the murders ceased. But I have an open mind and may very well change as I delve more into this forum. haha.

And thanks for the welcome, I have lurked these forums for years and finally just decided to take the plunge and join in on some of the discussions. I do not have much to offer outside of a lot of questions and some theories based on my own readings / viewings.

Comment

G'day Mark

My big question is "Were the other heads turned away and was MJK's turned towards her killer?" We can only guess as to his position in each murder, I give you that at least for some victims it is the most likely scenario, but is t certain?
          After the poor women expired, wouldn't their head naturally slump to one side or the other? I don't think JtR was really concerned if they were "looking" this way or that.

Comment

Oh, yea, I am sure others have thought of it. I mean, really, it would be hard for anyone to come up with ANY new theory after all this time.

I haven't exactly seen anyone word the suicide theory based specifically on guilt from the Mary Kelly horror. But I have no doubt it has been put forward by more than a couple people.

I call it "my theory" because it is my personal favorite as to why the murders ceased. But I have an open mind and may very well change as I delve more into this forum. haha.

And thanks for the welcome, I have lurked these forums for years and finally just decided to take the plunge and join in on some of the discussions. I do not have much to offer outside of a lot of questions and some theories based on my own readings / viewings.
            G'day Vincenzo

Have you read the Macnaghten's works, it is exactly what he thinks about Druitt, "His mind gave out after the glut of Miller's Court" and threw himself into the river. And ummm 1891 wasn't terribly long after the Autumn of Terror.
            Last edited by GUT; 08-26-2014, 11:43 PM.
            G U T

Comment

G'day Vincenzo

Have you read the Macnaghten's works, it is exactly what he thinks about Druitt, "His mind gave out after the glut of Miller's Court" and threw himself into the river. And ummm 1891 wasn't terribly long after the Autumn of Terror.
              No sir, I have not. Is this the person you are referring to? If so, I will get to reading tonight.

Comment

No sir, I have not. Is this the person you are referring to? If so, I will get to reading tonight.
                Start with the Macnaghten Memorandum under "Official Documents" here on casebook 7 down on the list to the left at the time of writing he was Chief Constable (CID) so reasonably high up in the police, though he was not in the police in 1888.

Indeed it is really MM that gives us the C5.
                G U T

Comment

Start with the Macnaghten Memorandum under "Official Documents" here on casebook 7 down on the list to the left at the time of writing he was Chief Constable (CID) so reasonably high up in the police, though he was not in the police in 1888.

Indeed it is really MM that gives us the C5.
                  Sorry, but what is C5?

Comment

Sorry, but what is C5?
                    C5 is the Canonical five victims ie Nichols, Chapman, Stride, Eddows, Kelly.
                    G U T

Comment

C5 is the Canonical five victims ie Nichols, Chapman, Stride, Eddows, Kelly.
                      Oh, right, of course. Derp. lol

Comment

• voyeur

Hello Stephen. Thanks.

Miller's Court was an odd place for a voyeur. See why?

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• good

Hello Mark. Thanks.

Good.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• Turning heads . . .

Hello (again) Mark

Regarding turned heads: what of Annie?

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• Why wait?

Hello Vincenzo. Welcome to the boards.

If "MJK's" assailant always wanted to have such a "full" experience, why go through those other killings?

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                                Hello Vincenzo. Welcome to the boards.

If "MJK's" assailant always wanted to have such a "full" experience, why go through those other killings?

Cheers.
                                LC
                                Trial and error. He probably didnt know exactly what he wanted but obviously he had fantasies and those likely grew with each crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X