X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not, it's not, it's not!
    Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Hi All,

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but it is a thumb in MJK 3.

But as it can't be the thumb of the victim's left hand, it must be the thumb of someone else's right hand.

A smidgen of imagination is always useful in these matters.

Regards,

Simon
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
    ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'm confused. I've blown it up and indeed it looks too short to be a full length thumb. But it also looks too thick to be a pinkie. And if I use my imagination as Simon suggests I get a foetal badger.

Help!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
        . But it also looks too thick to be a pinkie. And if I use my imagination as Simon suggests I get a foetal badger.
        I am normally set in my ways, but yes, I too, see a foetal badger.
        Things aren`t as black and white as they seem.

Comment

Hi All,

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but it is a thumb in MJK 3.

But as it can't be the thumb of the victim's left hand, it must be the thumb of someone else's right hand.

Regards,

Simon
          Over imagination in this case Simon. So you believe some unknown person crouched by the side of the bed and put his/her hand inside a mutilated body? Well they should be easy to find. They have got no thumbnail.

Rob

Comment

A smidgen of cargo this size would provide enough ballast for the Lusitania. Maybe that's what brought her down.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
              Over imagination in this case Simon. So you believe some unknown person crouched by the side of the bed and put his/her hand inside a mutilated body? Well they should be easy to find. They have got no thumbnail.

Rob
              It would not take too much imagination to see a head covered where the purported raised left knee should be. As for the thumbnail, well just as easy to erase one out as paint a whole shin in, as they did.
              Last edited by Amanda Sumner; 08-21-2014, 04:37 AM.

Comment

And that brings us back to the question nobody from the conspiracy, dodgy doings camp can be bothered to answer. WHY?

Rob

Comment

We could argue until the end of time. I don't believe we are looking at MJK. I've studied the photographs, I've tried to see what everyone else, apparently, sees and it continues to baffle.
                  Who actually knows the history of it beyond 1988? Where had it been before then, for the last 100 years? Macnaghton did not mention having it or reported it missing.
                  Unless we have provenance, these debates will continue.
                  A proof of its authenticity would be great.
                  Last edited by Amanda Sumner; 08-21-2014, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Just as I thought. There is enough authenticity just by reading and looking.

Rob

Comment

And that brings us back to the question nobody from the conspiracy, dodgy doings camp can be bothered to answer. WHY?

Rob
                      Well I don't think I'm in any 'camp'. I'm just querying something that makes no sense to me at all. As I said it may have been a mock up, reenactment for a ? lecture, training, newspaper article? Who knows? Why was the diary written?
                      The answer to why is as baffling as the photograph itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Sumner View Post
                        Well I don't think I'm in any 'camp'. I'm just querying something that makes no sense to me at all. As I said it may have been a mock up, reenactment for a ? lecture, training, newspaper article? Who knows? Why was the diary written?
                        The answer to why is as baffling as the photograph itself.
                        There is no way you can compare the two. They are two different beasts. I am happy with the authenticity of the photo. I took the trouble to go and see it. The problem is if you are saying there is a problem with it you are also questioning the other interior photo as well.

Rob

Comment

Or it may have been a picture of something else that was misidentified as being of Kelly, deliberately or innocently.
                          I don't pretend to be able to determine what the picture represents one way or another.

The other picture isn't difficult to interpret and I believe it's provenance is clear.
                          Last edited by Lechmere; 08-21-2014, 05:35 AM.

Comment

There are no other murders remotely similar for it to be mistaken for anybody else.

Rob

Comment

There is no way you can compare the two. They are two different beasts. I am happy with the authenticity of the photo. I took the trouble to go and see it. The problem is if you are saying there is a problem with it you are also questioning the other interior photo as well.

Rob
                              No, I am not. By the time Mjk1 went missing, there were other copies of it doing the rounds.
                              MJK3 had never been seen by the public until 1988.
                              There is no recorded history of it anywhere before then.
                              If there was, why has no one yet posted the proof?
                              I, for one, would like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Sumner View Post
                                MJK3 had never been seen by the public until 1988.
                                There is no recorded history of it anywhere before then.
                                But why should there be? The MJK1 didn't turn up until the mid 1960s along with the Eddowes photographs. It's not enough to say there's an issue with these photographs without saying why.
                                I've wasted enough time here and o have better things to do.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X