No announcement yet.

True Crime Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suppose I'll see it some time. So far, I've heard mixed reviews on the program.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Sad thing is I havent even heard mixed reviews, only negative ones....not sure if they are going to replay it or not, I will try to remember to keep an eye out for it....

Did Frozen Ground ever get a proper release? and did anyone see it, that looked like it may be decent..but who knows, so many true crime films that look good turn out just terrible....oh how Hollywood loves to change facts for "dramatic" reasons, actually making the story lame.. that never made sense to me.

--Steadmund Brand--
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Reportedly Frozen Ground was out on discs October 1 of last year.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          Did anyone see the recent Lizzie Borden movie on Lifetime?
          It looks like it's available on discs now.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Last week I viewed 3 recent true crime movies The Frozen Ground (about Robert Hansen), Devil's Knot (about the West Memphis Three) and Lizzie Border Took and Axe. None were particularly good but, surprisingly, I enjoyed the Borden movie the most. At least it had a little life to it.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Henry:Portrait of a serial killer is available to watch on you tube.Its about Henry Lee Lucas and his partner Otis Toole. Like Lucas's criminal career, it is embellished; but it is not for the feint hearted.
              SCORPIO

Comment

• Weren't Henry and Otis sweet pair!
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                  Top 25:

25-Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986-U.S.-2:17) Loosely based on murderers Lucas/Toole

24-The Legend of Lizzie Borden (1975-U.S.-1:40) Murders of Mr. and Mrs. Borden

23-The Elegant Criminal [L' Elegant Criminel] (1990-Fr.-2:05) Murders by Pierre Lacenaire

22-The Case of Charles Peace (1949-U.K.-1:20) Case of the English killer in black and white

21-Cause Celebre (1987-U.K.-1:49) The Rattenbury murder case

It, Henry that is, made my top 25! Also there's a better Lizzie movie at 24.
                  Last edited by sdreid; 07-08-2014, 04:43 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    Weren't Henry and Otis sweet pair!
                    I would call them the Yogi and Boo-boo of serial killers.
                    SCORPIO

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Weren't Henry and Otis sweet pair!
                      Yes, low-life would have been a step up for them.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorpio View Post
                        I would call them the Yogi and Boo-boo of serial killers.
                        That image is gonna stick with me.
                        - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorpio View Post
                          Henry:Portrait of a serial killer is available to watch on you tube.Its about Henry Lee Lucas and his partner Otis Toole. Like Lucas's criminal career, it is embellished; but it is not for the feint hearted.
                          As I understand it, the board originally gave it an X rating due to violence but it was later released unrated after the passage of some time.

Stan Reid

Comment

• When i saw " 10 Rillington Place (1971-U.K.-1:51) The story of serial killer John Christie " i thought it was a good movie, wonder if they may do any remakes.

Comment

• Just had a watch of 'The Great Defender' for the first time. Can't find out to much about the film but the main character is clearly based on Sir Edward Marshall Hall. The story appears to be based on the Camden Town Murder as there are a few similarities. A good film, a bit creaky (it was made in 1934) and some risqué for the time photography. Worth a watch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	greatdefender_dvd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	665648

Comment

• I haven't seen that one yet Rob - thanks.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X