Walter Sickert: Whitechapel Murderer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTCG View Post
    Methinks that in Sickert, Cornwell has a suspect that Ripperologists cannot defend their behavior against.

And yet, Ripperologists and their vanity feel compelled to spite their faces with their own blades.

One confession letter can be written off as jest: more cannot.

But why let that stop the body of Ripperology?
    But there is no substantial evidence that Sickert wrote any of the letters, even if Ms Cornwell has shown that one of them was written on a batch of paper, some of which may have been purchased by Sickert.

Writing letters to taunt the police in cases like this is not unusual and is not evidence that the writer was guilty of murder.

Most psychologists and criminal experts agree that murderers of this type do not stop until they are caught. Are you suggesting Sickert simply stopped killing after Kelly and carried on with his life until he died?

As for Cornwell, well isn't she just another Ripperologist

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
      But there is no substantial evidence that Sickert wrote any of the letters, even if Ms Cornwell has shown that one of them was written on a batch of paper, some of which may have been purchased by Sickert.

Writing letters to taunt the police in cases like this is not unusual and is not evidence that the writer was guilty of murder.

Most psychologists and criminal experts agree that murderers of this type do not stop until they are caught. Are you suggesting Sickert simply stopped killing after Kelly and carried on with his life until he died?

As for Cornwell, well isn't she just another Ripperologist
      Certainly there is. Using equipment purchased to break the law is the responsibility of the owner of the equipment. Sickert's stationary was used to send confession letters. Sickert is responsible for its use.

Comment

Certainly there is. Using equipment purchased to break the law is the responsibility of the owner of the equipment. Sickert's stationary was used to send confession letters. Sickert is responsible for its use.
        If it was Sickert's stationery, how on earth could he have control over who used some of it? Suppose it was his stationery and it was used by someone else when he was in France. How is he responsible?

And, as I have often stated, writing a letter or two of confession does not mean one is a murderer.

Comment

I see, so his writings to other artists at this time, are forgeries.

Comment

I see, so his writings to other artists at this time, are forgeries.
            No, I have not said that. But it does not rule out other people having access to his writing paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
              No, I have not said that. But it does not rule out other people having access to his writing paper.
              Let's see your proof.

Comment

To BTCG

Are you quite sure Jack the Ripper wasn't Dr Barnardo or Vincent Van Gough?

Cheers John

Comment

Let's see your proof.
                  No lets see your proof that Sickert was the Ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                    No lets see your proof that Sickert was the Ripper.
                    The onus is on the accuser. Go ahead.

Comment

But you are the one accusing Walter so by your own post the onus is on you.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I'm afraid they're right BTCG...post your evidence or piss off

All the best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                          I'm afraid they're right BTCG...post your evidence or piss off

All the best

Dave
                          Maybe, if you post again, you'll convince others that you're right. It is, the 'trust me' argument, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                            Found this sketch by Sickert in the Cafe Royal book*...' The Barnacle Woman'
                            [ATTACH]6368[/ATTACH]

Interesting sketch if nothing else......... and the 'inscription ' in reversed writing is interesting too I guess- in a Leonardo sort of way- .....her hum....

* That's 'Cafe Royal- Ninety Years of Bohemia' - Guy Deghy and Keith Waterhouse 1955
                            What is the inscription please? Anyone know as a matter of interest, struggling to read it the right way never mind in reverse lol
                            You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                              What is the inscription please? Anyone know as a matter of interest, struggling to read it the right way never mind in reverse lol
                              "Café Royal London", as stated at the foot of the sketch.

Comment

Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                                "Café Royal London", as stated at the foot of the sketch.
                                Hi David
                                It's the "her hum" that Suzi wrote originally that threw me.i thought I was missing something
                                You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Working...
                                X