No announcement yet.

Case of most interest besides JtR poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do have EAR/ONS in my poll on another site that doesn't have a limit of 10.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
      I do have EAR/ONS in my poll on another site that doesn't have a limit of 10.
      Again, that poll also includes JtR.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I've been interested in the Darlie Routier case the past couple of months.

No really mystery there, unless you count the mystery of why anyone could think she was innocent.

But still interesting.
        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
          G'Day Kuniworth

How do we know Zodiac is dead?
          I came across this blog on the zodiac while searching for information on the highway of tears killer. My knowledge of the zodiac is very little therefore I posted the link to the blog for anyone maybe interested.

http://zodiackillernorth.blogspot.ca/

Comment

• Zodiac could still be alive; there are suspects in older cases who are still alive.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Jack the Stripper for instance.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Or from the same time span, Bible John.

Stan Reid

Comment

• G'day Stan

Bible John is interesting to me.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    Bible John is interesting to me.
                    I do have that one on a list on another site that doesn't have a 10 limit on its polls. It has some votes too.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I've always found the torso murders interesting, though I've read only a few small paragraphs about them.

I've also always guessed the reason they are not attributed to JTR is because of their difference in style? If that is the way to put it. However, I have wondered if there was anymore good reason than that to say it wasn't JTR.

Has anyone ever written a book about them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                        I've always found the torso murders interesting, though I've read only a few small paragraphs about them.

I've also always guessed the reason they are not attributed to JTR is because of their difference in style? If that is the way to put it. However, I have wondered if there was anymore good reason than that to say it wasn't JTR.

Has anyone ever written a book about them?
                        There are two books, one by Michael Gordon and one by Mei Trow. Both are useful, but neither is top of the line. Myself, I prefer the older one, by Gordon, although he chooses to point a finger at George Chapman (who he thinks was also the Ripper, so he has the same killer in both series). He accordingly chooses to disregard early torso killings while he adds a later one that seemingly does not belong (the Salamanca Place torso).

Trowīs book has itīs advantages too, perhaps mainly in being graphically helpful (sketches of the damages done to the victims), and in not suggesting any perpetrator, meaning that he presents a fuller range of suggested victims.

The reason for not accepting that the killer could have been one and the same lies mainly in the - as you put it - difference in style.

All the best,
                        Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                          Jack the Stripper for instance.
                          Didnīt they conclude that the Stripper committed suicide?

The best,
                          Fisherman

Comment

• G'day Fisherman

He accordingly chooses to disregard early torso killings while he adds a later one that seemingly does not belong (the Salamanca Place torso).
                            I don't know a lot about Torso [or about a lot of things in fact] but I've never understood why so many people say that the Salamanca Place does not fit the series, can you help me.

By the way I've read Gordon but not Trow.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• The Salamanca Torso was a very crude job compared to the other torso killings, GUT - that is the main reason for not accepting it as a "real" Thames Torso murder, where the disjointing cuts were quite neat.

You should read Trow too - itīs a whole different angle, and he points a finger at somebody involved in the catīs meat trade. That in itself is enough for me to take a shine to the book, being the suspectologist that I am ...

The best,
                              Fisherman
                              Last edited by Fisherman; 05-18-2014, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for filing me in Fisherman.

Torso is interesting when find time I will have to read Trow, I was aware that someone had a cats meat man in the frame.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X