Blue Plaque in Ramsgate to Charles Warren 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Plaque in Ramsgate to Charles Warren 2012

On March 9th this year the Ramsgate Society, the local civic society, placed a blue plaque to Charles Warren on the wall of the house in Ramsgate in which he lived.
    Attached is a 3 page artice in the the Ramsgate Society magazine for Spring 2012 and a close up of the plaque
    Chris
    Attached Files

Thanks for posting this Chris.

Took 'em a while, didn't it?

Cheers,
    Archaic

Comment

Yes thanks, Chris. Interesting post. And you're right, Bun, there must be a lot of famous people who lived in Ramsgate if it took them so long to get around to Sir Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
        Yes thanks, Chris. Interesting post. And you're right, Bun, there must be a lot of famous people who lived in Ramsgate if it took them so long to get around to Sir Charles.
        So Chris got his first?

Archaic

Comment

Great to see, Chris, many thanks.

Whatever we might think of Sir Charles Warren and his performance as Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, and the work of Scotland Yard overall in the investigation of the Whitechapel Murders, he was a significant historical figure.

Sir Charles deserves this blue plaque to mark where he resided in Ramsgate.

Cheers

Chris
          Christopher T. George
          Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
          just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
          For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
          RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Thanks for the comments
            The ironic thing is that the house where Warren lived is only about 200 yards from the guest house run by Aaron Kosminski's brother, Isaac Abrahams - and this was during the same period that Warren lived in the town.
            Whether Warren knew anything about this of course we cannot say.
            On the map below I have marked in red where they both lived "Warren" for Sir Charles and "Isaac" for Kosminski's brother.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Chris Scott; 05-06-2012, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
              Thanks for the comments
              The ironic thing is that the house where Warren lived is only about 200 yards from the guest house run by Aaron Kosminski's brother, Isaac Abrahams - and this was during the same period that Warren lived in the town.
              Whether Warren knew anything about this of course we cannot say.
              On the map below I have marked in red where they both lived "Warren" for Sir Charles and "Isaac" for Kosminski's brother.
              Really interesting regarding location of Warren's home and the Kosminski guest house.

Ironic to think Warren asleep while the ripper might have strolled by on every one of his soirees.

ps. I hear the Ramsgate Society knows who JTR is, and when they get AROUND to it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                ps. I hear the Ramsgate Society knows who JTR is, and when they get AROUND to it.....
                No rush. I'm pretty sure he still hangs around that club near the clocktower most weekends in a hoodie. Or not...
                There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Working...
                X