Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Mary Jane Kelly: Murder Weapon(s) used on MJK - by Wickerman 10 minutes ago.
Shades of Whitechapel: Centenaries - whole and half - by sdreid 1 hour and 16 minutes ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Murder Weapon(s) used on MJK - by GUT 2 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Charles Lechmere interesting link - by GUT 2 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Murder Weapon(s) used on MJK - by John Wheat 2 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Finding more out about MJK - by Wickerman 2 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
General Discussion: PC Long, GSG & a Piece of Apron - (15 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Charles Lechmere interesting link - (15 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Finding more out about MJK - (9 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: MJK1, MJK2 and moving body - (8 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: So would he have run? - (7 posts)
Catherine Eddowes: skill - (6 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Online newspaper archives
Mar 6, 2014, 11:56 pm
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm
Donald Swanson
Dec 9, 2012, 3:40 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.
Mike Covell: A Study in Red – The Secret Journal of Jack the Ripper
March 3, 2014, 3:42 am.
Mike Covell: Almost there….
January 24, 2014, 4:05 am.
Mike Covell: Jack the Ripper - Year in Review 2013
December 28, 2013, 7:31 am.
Mike Covell: Jack the Ripper At Last? - Review
December 9, 2013, 2:08 am.
Mike Covell: From Whitechapel to Whitefriargate
November 27, 2013, 4:15 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Maybrick, James

Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 AM
Commisioner

Who is James Maybrick?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Chief Inspector

Hi,
I am awaiting with fingers crossed, that it is not another image impression, I can still see a jockey riding a horse amongst the trees outside my window, but alas its only the wind .
Regards Richard.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Detective

James maybrick has to be, on here at least, the most doubted JTR of all.......but if you speak to "non-ripperologists", he is the most likely candidate ! ......well him and "the queens grandson" anyway....funny how that works !
Old 04-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Detective

have to admit, i have been studying the MJK I photo to pre-empt any revelation but have not been able to see anything. Though for the first time i think i have been able to make out her right eye ! never been able to see that before and it has also enabled me to form an image of her face ( or what remains of it )......so thanks Tempus for that !!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Suspended

Hi everyone! Many thanks for all your replies.

Firstly, I would like to say that I am not here to disappoint anyone - that is not my intention and never will be. I would also like to make it clear that what I have to show you is NOT an image impression (I know some of you - if not all of you -were worried about this) - it is an actual photograph.

Secondly, regarding Scott Nelson's point, you are quite correct when you say that 'complications invariably invovle convoluted and imaginative solutions. The world of Ripperology is, probably, the world's leader in this field. However, I do feel that, one day, Ripperologists will come across a descisive piece of evidence that may require them to use their imagination and ingenuity to discover the true identity of the killer. waiting for a signed affidavit, I fear, would be a waste of time (and, let's face it, probably wouldn't be believed, anyway).

Well I am positive that I have found such a piece of evidence and, whilst I am perfectly prepared for some of you to dismiss what I show you at first, I am confident that, once I have explained it in full, you will come to the same conclusion as I have.

I have now bored you enough, I dare say, but I would like to leave you with one last thought, that I hope we can all agree on: If the Diary of Jack the Ripper is a fake, if James Maybrick was not Jack the Ripper, then there shouldn't be anything even remotely looking like an 'FM' where the diarist, and I, say it is.

Kind regards,

Tempus

Last edited by Tempus omnia revelat : 04-25-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempus omnia revelat View Post
Hi everyone! Many thanks for all your replies.

Firstly, I would like to say that I am not here to disappoint anyone - that is not my intention and never will be. I would also like to make it clear that what I have to show you is NOT an image impression (I know some of you - if not all of you -were worried about this) - it is an actual photograph.

Secondly, regarding Scott Nelson's point, you are quite correct when you say that 'complications invariably invovle convoluted and imaginative solutions. The world of Ripperology is, probably, the world's leader in this field. However, I do feel that, one day, Ripperologists will come across a descisive piece of evidence that may require them to use their imagination and ingenuity to discover the true identity of the killer. waiting for a signed affidavit, I fear, would be a waste of time (and, let's face it, probably wouldn't be believed, anyway).

Well I am positive that I have found such a piece of evidence and, whilst I am perfectly prepared for some of you to dismiss what I show you at first, I am confident that, once I have explained it in full, you will come to the same conclusion as I have.

I have now bored you enough, I dare say, but I would like to leave you with one last thought, that I hope we can all agree on: If the Diary of Jack the Ripper is a fake, if James Maybrick was not Jack the Ripper, then there shouldn't be anything even remotely looking like an 'FM' where the diarist, and I, say it is.

Kind regards,

Tempus
i am so looking forward to this !!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Superintendent

Quote:
However, I do feel that one day Ripperologists will come across a decisive piece of evidence that may require them to use their imagination and ingenuity to discover the true identity of the killer.
I, too am looking forward to this, but not with any great sense of optimism, especially after reading the customary plea that Ripperologists should "use their imagination". Quite apart from anything else, I don't see how the presence of the initials 'FM' in MJK's room would prove anything. If there, they could have been written by anyone with those initials, at any time prior to the murder, for any reason. They wouldn't incriminate a man with the initials "FM", never mind James Maybrick. If they're carved into her thighbone or something, then fine - provided it's not an altered image - but otherwise not for me. Sorry.

Regards, Bridewell

Last edited by Bridewell : 04-25-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Detective

referring to another FM hidden in the room can only be based on the famous MJK photo, i for the life of me cannot see it or anything like it in the photo....to be fair i couldnt see the original FM one as mentioned in the diary.....but an open mind is what i am
Old 04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempus omnia revelat View Post
There also shouldn't be an image of Jesus in a toasted cheese sandwich, but with just the right amount of fanaticism and imagination, there is.

Good luck.

Mike
Old 04-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
referring to another FM hidden in the room can only be based on the famous MJK photo, i for the life of me cannot see it or anything like it in the photo....to be fair i couldnt see the original FM one as mentioned in the diary.....but an open mind is what i am
I rather think that it will be in the photograph, too, which means that it probably wasn't something a killer left but some pattern that can be seen in the photograph if you look hard enough. On the other hand, if the fools will never find it, how is it someone has found it now?

Chris
http://blog.casebook.org/chrisgeorge
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com