No announcement yet.

The Satchell's Lodging House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose one is the Ripper ? Jon, Robert, I'm lost and I can't wait to sell my suspect.

Comment

David, if you want to make a fast buck, try Friedrich Nietzsche. Great philosopher. Went insane January 1889. Could have hopped across to do 1888 murders.

Comment

Hmmm....Dionysiac murders, then...not bad, my dear, not bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          Great philosopher. Went insane January 1889.
          Everytime I look at his moustache, I sense he might have gone insane years before.

Comment

Dionysus/Apollo

Hello Robert, David. Oh no--strictly Apollonian.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

No, he was already identifying himself with Dionysos in 1888, imo. Anyway I've got my title : "Birth of the Whitechapel Tragedy".

Comment

That moustache is called a soupstrainer in English.

His early philosophy juxtaposed the Apollonian with the Dionysian, but in his later years "Dionysian" came to mean the control of the former Dionysian by the Apollonian, both existing together - in other words, the passionate man who is master of his passions, neither being their slave nor eradicating them (as he accused Christianity of seeking to do). "Have I been understood? Dionysos against the Crucified."

Comment

Yep, Apollo is morbid while Dionysos brings life. But that was already in the Birth of Tragedy. The zoroastrian figures of Ahura Mazda and Angra Manyu are quite comparable, btw. In fact, I see all Nietzsche's works as an exegese of the Birth of Tragedy.

Comment

entitlement

Hello David. Nietzsche was. But some of the WCM seem well planned. Hence, Apollo.

For a title, what about: "Twilight of a Porky: An Account of How 'Jack' was Shown to be a Load of Old Rubbish."?

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

Hi Lynn. The only innocent I've accused to be the Ripper was Grainger. I was 6 years old at the time.

Comment

police suspects

Hello David. I think the overwhelming majority of police "suspects" are innocent.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Certainly so. Starting from September. (heh-heh)

Comment

For Nietzsche as Ripper, a good title would be "Jenseits Guts Und Boss."

Comment

minority report

Hello David. JI is a minority of one.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Working...
                              X