Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
    The Comey thing is now getting marginally more serious imo. I have always doubted the Russian/Trump election collusion. It was all way too exaggerated and "sexy". It's a scandal I don't believe to be true. However, this FBI investigation into Flynn is the more mundane type of "scandal" that Presidencies often deal with. Most times they go nowhere, occasionally they blow up into a crisis. I am making no presumptions here. But it is the type of insider Washington war that may lead somewhere.

btw im just asking out loud; how "illegal" is it for a President to request an FBI director to quash an investigation? Im going to assume with regards to Trump's risks of impeachment that "requesting" something from the FBI Director is a LOT different in legal terms than "ordering" something from the FBI Director. To me this so far has standard Washington power contest written all over it. This makes it all the more mundane and potentially damaging. Im gonna assume Trump knows what he's doing here; that he knew the consequences of kicking the hornets nest that is James Comey.
    Hi Jason
    Unless there is some kind of date stamp on the notes and or memo comey wrote down it's a moot point. If it was such a serious thing, comey Should should have produced it at the time, and tell the JD what happened at the time and that Trump was trying to impede the investigation. If any of this even has any truth to it, then it's a moot point anyway, and amounts to a he said she said type of thing, as obviously anyone can see it may just be a bit of personal pay back, sour grapes.

That being said, Trump is bull in a china shop.
    But as you said, he definitely is kicking the hornets nest and getting stung! Lol!

But in my opinion, the nest needed kicking, as I've been saying all along.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Hi Jason
      Unless there is some kind of date stamp on the notes and or memo comey wrote down it's a moot point. If it was such a serious thing, comey Should should have produced it at the time, and tell the JD what happened at the time and that Trump was trying to impede the investigation. If any of this even has any truth to it, then it's a moot point anyway, and amounts to a he said she said type of thing, as obviously anyone can see it may just be a bit of personal pay back, sour grapes.

That being said, Trump is bull in a china shop.
      But as you said, he definitely is kicking the hornets nest and getting stung! Lol!

But in my opinion, the nest needed kicking, as I've been saying all along.
      I wouldn't disagree with much of this. Comey could be lying or greatly exaggerating about the conversation with Trump. The chances that he has proof of his allegations are probably small. We'll have to see what comes out in the wash. I don't believe Trump's critics who believe Trump fired Comey in order to shutdown a Trump/Russia investigation. It was never going to be nearly as simple as that. There was always going to be significant and dangerous blowback in firing Comey. At the same time as there being significant blowback any investigation into Trump/Russia was not going to be stopped simply because a new FBI Director was in place.

Comment

True or not, the House Oversight Committee has requested the memo, as well as any other documentation or recordings(!) related to meetings and conversations between Trump and Comey. (Related to this, the Russians have helpfully offered to bring their transcript of the recent Oval Office meeting with Trump and Russian representatives to Washington and appear before Congress.)

I think James Comey will not be able to dodge making a personal appearance before the investigation committee a second time. And I agree with Lindsey Graham that "we're not going to indict anyone based on a piece of paper."
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

depends on what it says on the paper really. How about a £300 million Wire transfer from Trump to Russia with the payment reference "For IT Services rendered in 2016"?

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
            depends on what it says on the paper really. How about a £300 million Wire transfer from Trump to Russia with the payment reference "For IT Services rendered in 2016"?
            LOL. well that could be potentially damaging

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

It's not the only memo though, apparently Comey has a number of them.

Trumps choice for FBI Director is taking a while, because he's waiting for a Russian to apply for the job...
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                ...... the Russians have helpfully offered to bring their transcript of the recent Oval Office meeting with Trump and Russian representatives to Washington and appear before Congress.
                Of course there's no connection between Putin and the White House for goodness sake's, that self elevated murdering Russian gangster would do this for anyone....
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                  It's not the only memo though, apparently Comey has a number of them.

Trumps choice for FBI Director is taking a while, because he's waiting for a Russian to apply for the job...
                  Now that's funny

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    Now that's funny
                    Putin is as happy as a pig in $hit, he can save millions by disbanding the KGB. If he needs any covert intelligence he can always contact Comrade Trump.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Special Prosecutor charged with investigating any Russian connection to the Trump campaign & related events & persons.

Dead man walking - Trumps days are numbered.

Mike (face-ache) Pence is thinking he might be President yet.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Trump is talking in Superlatives again: "No politician in history has been treated worse"

How about:

- Bennito Mussolini? He was shot and had his dead body hanged from a petrol station. Surely that treatment was worse but you could say, he had it coming.

- Tsar Nicholas II? He didn't even do anything wrong (although, his competence as Tsar wasn't all that great apparently). He just happened to be the Tsar when the Russian Revolution broke out. Executed in a basement with his entire family in 1918.

- Marie Antoinette? Her crime was being the wife of Louis XVI of France. Lost her head in 1793.

I could go on and on but this little snowflake clearly has a victim complex.

Comment

So now the NYT has released part of the Oval Office transcript when that so-called President Trump met with the Russians.

"I fired the Director of the FBI, he was crazy, a real nut job.......The pressure's off,...... I am not under investigation"

That dumb-ass so-called President has just admitted interfering with the justice system.
                          Those words show 'intent', he just hung himself.... bye bye
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Provenance of the evidence?

Comment

Provenance of the evidence?
                              Trump supporters on CNN keep talking about "who leaked this?", yet Putin offered the transcript of the meeting just days ago.
                              Did the NYT take him up on his offer?
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

THe latest headline on CNN.com

(CNN)Former FBI Director James Comey now believes that President Ronald Trump was trying to influence his judgment about the Russia probe, a person familiar with his thinking says,

"....a person familiar with his thinking says, "

HAHAHAHA. Now that's a rock solid source. Journalism is dead in this country. Dead. CNN is making the National Enquirer look legit.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X