No announcement yet.

CNN has lost all credibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Orioles vs Boston right now. The pitcher for the red sox is Richard Wright, a knuckle baller. He throws about 90 percent knuckleballs. If you ever want to watch an interesting pitcher with a weird style check him out. Looks like he's throwing a whiffle ball... It is all over the place. LOL. Weird and Funny to watch.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      But of course its kind of misnomer as baseball evolved over many years from earlier folk games like rounders, stick and ball games etc.and it goes way back-theres evidence of "base ball" being played as early as the 1700s!!!
      Funny that, three of the four most popular sports in N/America were girls games when I was a kid in England.
      At school no boy would be caught dead playing rounders, hockey or netball, real boys played cricket, football (soccer) & rugby.
      Well, at least you took up one "real mans" game - rugby, as American Football, shame you couldn't get the name right.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        Funny that, three of the four most popular sports in N/America were girls games when I was a kid in England.
        At school no boy would be caught dead playing rounders, hockey or netball, real boys played cricket, football (soccer) & rugby.
        Well, at least you took up one "real mans" game - rugby, as American Football, shame you couldn't get the name right.

And the strange way they play football, strewth four hours to play a one hour game.

I'm not sure about in England but when I was growing up netball was "Girl's Basketball" (official title) in Australia.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
          And the strange way they play football, strewth four hours to play a one hour game.
          Aussie-rules Football, now there's a game - fast paced. I could watch that but its rare we get Aussie games here.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• That's all right. Your steering wheels are on the wrong side of the car but I forgive you.

And Your sports haven't evolved from the Middle Ages either! Lol

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              And Your sports haven't evolved from the Middle Ages either! Lol
              I'm not so sure. The Brits dispensed with their jousting armour centuries ago, then along came American Football and put it all back again
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                I'm not so sure. The Brits dispensed with their jousting armour centuries ago, then along came American Football and put it all back again
                LOL! Nice

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I'm not sure about in England but when I was growing up netball was "Girl's Basketball" (official title) in Australia.
                  To be fair, 4 hours is quite a bit less than the 5 days it could potentially take to complete a test match!

Mind you, one of my favourite sports at the moment is darts. Now there's a face-paced game!
                  Last edited by John G; 04-23-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                    To be fair, 4 hours is quite a bit less than the 5 days it could potentially take to complete a test match!

Mind you, one of my favourite sports at the moment is darts. Now there's a face-paced game!
                    But at least with cricket they play all that time with Gridiron it's 10 secs play, a ten minute break, 2 secs play, 10 minutes break.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

But at least with cricket they play all that time with Gridiron it's 10 secs play, a ten minute break, 2 secs play, 10 minutes break.
                      The worst thing about cricket test matches is that they can still end up in a draw. After five days, you'd think they'd be able to settle it one way or another!

PS: I'm a big cricket fan, by the way.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Plenty of time in between plays to concentrate on your drink though without missing anything.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post

Oh how I loved that game all through my younger years. I played darts at work, at home, and at the pub.
                          Yeh, great game.
                          It improves your math skills too...
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            The worst thing about cricket test matches is that they can still end up in a draw. After five days, you'd think they'd be able to settle it one way or another!

PS: I'm a big cricket fan, by the way.
                            To my mind, cricket is the only game that is worse than baseball , and that's saying something.
                            I was forced to play cricket at school, but I've never sat through a full match in my life - never will either. Though I have only seen two baseball games, considering I live in Canada that must be a feat, but there won't be a third.

I'm a soccer fan, I don't care who's playing, I'll watch it anyway.
                            It's taken some years to catch on in N/America, but it's catching on in leaps and bounds now. Lets face it, it's the only true World game.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• I am a baseball junky, but I believe if you don't grow up with it, you will never be a fan, it isn't a sport you pick up on later....to an outsider it moves to slow and it is VERY confusing (so many rules and little things that dont make sense to people who don't know the game)
                              Soccer (football) is getting Huge in the states, where I live we have 2 soccer bars (that are always packed) and even yesterday, I stopped in my cigar lounge for a smoke and to watch the Yankees game....and they put baseball on the small TV and the main TV was soccer....and that was what more people were watching...the NHL playoffs didn't even get put on....was so weird....things have changed fast....I personally find soccer quite boring (overall) but LOVE watching highlights.....the flopping just ruins it for me.
                              Darts is great to watch....so fast and sucks ya right in 180!!!!!..same thing with bowling (don't laugh) you happen to flip on and see someone with several strikes in a row you get drawn in....until you realize you are watching bowling hahaha.

Steadmund Brand
                              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                                I am a baseball junky, but I believe if you don't grow up with it, you will never be a fan, it isn't a sport you pick up on later....to an outsider it moves to slow and it is VERY confusing (so many rules and little things that dont make sense to people who don't know the game)
                                Soccer (football) is getting Huge in the states, where I live we have 2 soccer bars (that are always packed) and even yesterday, I stopped in my cigar lounge for a smoke and to watch the Yankees game....and they put baseball on the small TV and the main TV was soccer....and that was what more people were watching...the NHL playoffs didn't even get put on....was so weird....things have changed fast....I personally find soccer quite boring (overall) but LOVE watching highlights.....the flopping just ruins it for me.
                                Darts is great to watch....so fast and sucks ya right in 180!!!!!..same thing with bowling (don't laugh) you happen to flip on and see someone with several strikes in a row you get drawn in....until you realize you are watching bowling hahaha.

Steadmund Brand
                                for me favorites in order:

MMA-UFC
                                Pro Football-NFL
                                College Basketball
                                college Lacrosse-now theres an American original sport!
                                College football
                                World cup soccer
                                Olympics

I love baseball, but mainly when I'm at the park enjoying a cold one on a hot day!!!

Hockey-but only when the caps finally don't choke and make it deep into the playoffs. Hockey is probably the most intense game out there-especially live. Its like freaken Rollerball watching it live(if you've ever seen the movie with James Cahn-youll know what I mean!)

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X