No announcement yet.

Favorite fictional early (before 1930) detective poll besides Sherlock Holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1920 and 1923 were the big years for new detective series in this era but the genre really went supernova in the 1930s.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Oh dear:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elementary_(TV_series)
      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Thanks Magpie - I wonder when we can expect that.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hopefully it won't be one of those formula "one white-one black-one blond" TV detective shows.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I see that the network is running promos on it now.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Watson doesn't look like a Watson but is definitely the best looking Watson ever.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It will be the first Watson who wears Victoria's Secret lingerie - at least that we know about

Stan Reid

Comment

• At least everyone has a vote

Stan Reid

Comment

• I'm sort of surprised that Miss Marple isn't higher.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Father Brown

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                        I'm sort of surprised that Miss Marple isn't higher.
                        Hello Stan,

Miss Marple was my choice. Margaret Rutherford made Miss Marple unforgettable in my eyes, and in my honest, if somewhat aged opinion, nobody has come anywhere near her portayal since.

best wishes

Phil
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                        Accountability? ....

Comment

• This falls madly outside the parameters, but I stumbled upon the Jonathan Creek shows last week and am unashamedly hooked.

They seem to me (especially in the 2nd and 3rd seasons) to be a better adaptation of Sherlock Holmes than most intentional adaptations of Holmes.

Does anyone concur?

Comment

• The new Holmes series is OK just not enough Juicy Lucy.

Stan Reid

Comment

• recently picked up a copy of the recent version of Arsene Lupin.

If anyone's seen it, let me know how it is--I'll probably watch in on the weekend when I have the attention span for subtitles....

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                                Was that an American, Canadian, British or what production?

Oops, I missed this one back when.

Yes, it was a UK production. 24 one-hour episodes from 1978-79. Very much in the tone of British crime dramas at the time (Professionals, New Avengers, etc). Lots of action, but light at the same time

Comment

Working...
                                X