3D of Mitre Square based off Frederick Foster’s Drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
    Fantastic, very atmospheric. Although I'd hate to be the one Dr Sequeira was operating on if that is his idea of adequate lighting!
    If you stare at the 3D model long enough, your eyes get dark-adapted

TBH, I don't think it's too far wrong.
    Last edited by Sam Flynn; 02-08-2017, 02:31 PM.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Don't forget to view it in full screen because this too helps the eyes adjust to a full dark screen.

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      If you stare at the 3D model long enough, your eyes get dark-adapted

TBH, I don't think it's too far wrong.
      JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
      JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
      ---------------------------------------------------
      JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

thats brilliant! from where the lamps are positioned in the square and around the outside that surely is the darkest corner of the square!

at first I was fascinated looking at the corner from the different angles, but the saturation of light really was obvious when i looked down on the square from a birds eye view.

interestingly it works in reverse, anyone entering the square would be lit up fairly well from that corner

Comment

How can this be improved? is there something that can be added to make it useful as a visual research tool or whatever?

I want to keep it basic and avoid realism as I'm not very good a photo-realistic stuff but at the same time I want it to act as a virtual reality scene that feels like you could be there.

Like I have said in previous posts, it is possible to click there VR button in any of these Sketchfab scenes to be transported into the environment. Obviously, you need the VR tools like a goggles/smartphone or a proper VR headset, which most folk don't have.

But I would like to make this a useful go-to tool when people are discussing Mitre square (or indeed the other scenes I've done - Miller's Court & Dutfield's Yard)

could do with ideas on how to improve, please.

thanks for the great feedback and kind comments. x

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
            How can this be improved? is there something that can be added to make it useful as a visual research tool or whatever?

I want to keep it basic and avoid realism as I'm not very good a photo-realistic stuff but at the same time I want it to act as a virtual reality scene that feels like you could be there.

Like I have said in previous posts, it is possible to click there VR button in any of these Sketchfab scenes to be transported into the environment. Obviously, you need the VR tools like a goggles/smartphone or a proper VR headset, which most folk don't have.

But I would like to make this a useful go-to tool when people are discussing Mitre square (or indeed the other scenes I've done - Miller's Court & Dutfield's Yard)

could do with ideas on how to improve, please.

thanks for the great feedback and kind comments. x
            Richard,

Was this project created in Unity did you say? Can't you put in a character controller and use the WSAD keys to "walk around" in the scene? You can also add the skylight to match that evening in September.

Comment

jerry
              This scene is created in Blender and exported to Sketchfab. I've not used unity for this. You can use 1st person mode in this model (in Sketchfab) and walkaround using the WASD keys and panning the mouse.

When you say 'skyline to match the evening' do you mean the illumination (moonlight / visible light etc.)?

I've stopped using Unity for a bit because my PC is no longer good enough to run. They have started using WebGL and dumped WebPlayer which requires Unity 64bit (my PC is 32bit). This is why I'm using Sketchfab for now.

thanks

Originally posted by jerryd View Post
              Richard,

Was this project created in Unity did you say? Can't you put in a character controller and use the WSAD keys to "walk around" in the scene? You can also add the skylight to match that evening in September.

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                jerry
                This scene is created in Blender and exported to Sketchfab. I've not used unity for this. You can use 1st person mode in this model (in Sketchfab) and walkaround using the WASD keys and panning the mouse.

When you say 'skyline to match the evening' do you mean the illumination (moonlight / visible light etc.)?

I've stopped using Unity for a bit because my PC is no longer good enough to run. They have started using WebGL and dumped WebPlayer which requires Unity 64bit (my PC is 32bit). This is why I'm using Sketchfab for now.

thanks
                Ah, I see.

Unity has a skybox like overcast, sunlight etc. I haven't used Unity myself for several months but I thought they had one that might add to the atmosphere of Mitre Square.

Vey nice work, by the way! I would also like to see a few of the doors in the square added. Kearly and Tonge, the square entrance to Williams and CO., the back (arch) entrance into No. 5 Mitre Street, etc, If you get time, that is.
                Last edited by jerryd; 02-09-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X