castaway

Hello Rosella.

"What do you have against Ginger?"

Prefer Mary Ann, myself. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
      In case anyone is interested. In Sugden's book, in the Isenchmid chapter, there are three short lines in a paragraph that says that there were attempts from the police for Mrs Fiddymont and M Taylor to identify the man, but the resident medical officer, Dr Mickle, refused. Since records were lost or destroyed, it is not known if they finally did meet him
      Hi Sir John

Mrs Fiddymont, Mrs Chapell and Mr Taylor did have a look at William Piggott in a police line up.

Only Mrs Chapel picked Piggott out, and she was unsure.

But Piggott did have a ripped shirt with blood stains, and he also had a bite on his hand from his earlier altercation with a woman in Brick Lane.
      Piggott quickly relocated to Gravesend from Whitechapel, and was later found in another pub, drawing attention to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        not to mention Lawendes Fair haired suspect, and Ada wilsons
        .. and local weirdo Edward McKenna (who wore a skull cap, just like the person who stuck his head around the Ten Bells door at 5am and supposedly called Annie Chapman outside).

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
          Hi Sir John

Mrs Fiddymont, Mrs Chapell and Mr Taylor did have a look at William Piggott in a police line up.

Only Mrs Chapel picked Piggott out, and she was unsure.

But Piggott did have a ripped shirt with blood stains, and he also had a bite on his hand from his earlier altercation with a woman in Brick Lane.
          Piggott quickly relocated to Gravesend from Whitechapel, and was later found in another pub, drawing attention to himself.
          Piggott should be higher up the suspect list IMHO.
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

IF one accepts the 05:30 timing , it has a sort of logic...Early in the series....maybe still a bit shocked by what he's done himself...wanders a bit...needs a drink?

Comment

Aprons R Us

Hello Colin. Indeed so.

Even better if he had worn an apron with knives affixed.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                Piggott should be higher up the suspect list IMHO.
                yup-him and puckridge (age may rule him out though). I believe neither have recorded as being cleared?
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

The Gingerbread Man...

Can't believe you people are down on the poor Gingers...

Has a ginger ever been tried and convicted of serial killings?

I know of none....

What are the percentages of Gingers in the population? How bout Whitechapel 1888? What is the likelihood the perp is a ginger, all things being equal?

Ginger's are nice people, I don't think they have it in their DNA....

Nah, I'm sticking with the maniacal Jew theory...dark and sinister...

Greg
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GregBaron View Post

I know of none....

What are the percentages of Gingers in the population? How bout Whitechapel 1888? What is the likelihood the perp is a ginger, all things being equal?

Greg
                    well Gerry Brudos for one.

despite percentages, there seem to many around! and blotchy was (one of) the last to be seen with Mary, who was also a ginger.

BTW, Jews can be gingers too!
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Ginger here....Ginger there...

In that case Abby I'm referring back to M. Wilson..

Too many gingers lurking about near the scenes of the crime for my liking

I wonder if the dim lighting often made light browns or dirty blonds look like gingers.........after all this is before Just for Men or Lady Clairol and we're not in Belfast.....

Greg
                      Attached Files

Comment

Greg,

That Jew in the picture is a ginger. Plenty of Jewish gingers and blonds especially since so many Jews are/were of non-semitic stock.

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

Originally posted by GregBaron View Post

I know of none....

Greg
                          Ireland & Scotland have the highest percentage of red haired. 10% so I imagine London had a good amount of ginger

Comment

When it comes down to it, a genetic stroke of non conspicuousness can become a stereotype.
                            Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello Damaso. Mrs. Fiddymont's testimony is not as important as her male friend's. He gave a very accurate description of the man with ginger coloured hair and his peculiar gait and crazed eyes.

Is it credible that the killer should be in a pub right after the killing? Well, certainly NOT if he is a cunning sexual serial killer. It's absurd. But what if he is just a lunatic?

Cheers.
                              LC
                              Van Gogh!!!!
                              Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Wasn't Reg Christie a ginger? I read a report years ago that the red hair gene was dying out among the general population even in places like Ireland, which will be a great shame.

Was Piggot yet another ginger? Abberline seemed to think he was likely as the customer Mrs Fiddymont saw, but she wasn't able to identify him.

Comment

Working...
                                X