True Crime Media Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I don't see that program from my previous post in the Sunday listings so it must have been put on hold for some reason.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

My listings show Capture the Green River Killer on the Lifetime Movie Network (Dish ch. 109) starting at 7pm Sunday. This is a different, by-subscription-only, channel from The Lifetime Channel.

JM

Comment

Thanks JM,

OK, that explains it. I thought it was on the regular Lifetime Channel. I'll have to wait and see it when it plays there which will probably be in a few months.

Stan Reid

Comment

The 1959 film, Jack the Ripper is on AMC very early tomorrow morning (U.S.). I think it's the only movie that sort of follows the Dr. Stanley explanation. Back then, we were desperate for anything.

Stan Reid

Comment

I watched Borderland last night and thought it was pretty good although it's probably not for everyone. It is sort of like Hostel except it's based on an actual case - Matamoros.

Stan Reid

Comment

And maybe Borderlands is actually good, unlike Hostel which was utter shite.

Comment

Hi Dark,

I actually liked Hostel after I got through the first 3/4. Before that, I just thought it was some schlock movie showing how many ways people could be tortured and killed. I haven't watched any of the sequels because, what's left to do other than ruin the effect of the original?

Stan Reid

Comment

There was no torture or gore - just "implied violence," which meant that there would be a guy with a chainsaw, then the camera would turn away and then you hear screams. Bollocks.

What ever happened to real gore?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
                    There was no torture or gore - just "implied violence," which meant that there would be a guy with a chainsaw, then the camera would turn away and then you hear screams. Bollocks.

What ever happened to real gore?
                    Visit a slaughterhouse, that's the only real gore you can get legally.
                    Last edited by sdreid; 04-16-2008, 07:12 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Now on AMC The Boston Strangler

Stan Reid

Comment

AMC is running Death Hunt Wednesday AM. It's based on the case of Albert "Mad Trapper" Johnson, the Canadian spree killer from the 1930s. Charles Bronson stars.

Stan Reid

Comment

The Staircase Murders about the Michael Peterson Case is on Life this afternoon US.

Stan Reid

Comment

Is it the "death on the staircase" documentary of 7-8 (hour long) episodes aired some few years back..if so its enthralling stuff.

Comment

Hi Dougie,

No, this is a docudrama rendition.

Stan Reid

Comment

The Boston Strangler is on AMC again very early Thursday morning but if you really wanted to see it you probably have by now.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X