Vincent Alias Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    When Van Gogh and the Maybrick Diary are dominating the message board you know Ripperology is on its ass!
    Hi Harry,

The only other ‘suspect’ that I would say equals Van Gogh in lunacy would be Conan Doyle! Though didn’t someone once suggest Gladstone? As soon as some suggests Queen Victoria then we should all get our coats
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by martin wilson View Post
      I look forward to the Bucks Row book.

Vincent?, I have a concern, having on numerous occasions, no doubt deservedly, the entire annual production of the British egg industry on my face after some idiotic post on these boards.
      That's if the art world can be bothered. In another documentary Andrew Graham Dixon discussed a Walter Sickert painting without once mentioning JTR.
      Van Gogh must be one of the most thoroughly researched artists ever, which is the reason for my concern.
      Not only is it going up against ripper researchers, but the heavy hitters of the art world as well, with the very real risk that it's a time and effort consuming way of being made to look very silly.
      Hi Martin,

I don’t think that Dale is concerned with looking silly. Just concerned with selling a book. If a man can come up against the absolutely categorical fact that his suspect wasn’t even in the country at the time of the murders and still press on with his book then there’s no hope or excuse.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
        He pops in and out. Think like you and me he is not posting much at present. It's nearly all Maybrick. I do miss Pierre!, at least no dead dogs.
        See Henry gone too. Shame.

Steve
        It does seem strange not to see Pierre popping in to criticise everyone’s methods of conducting historical research.
        Yes it’s a shame that Henry’s gone but he’ll probably drop in now and again when he’s having a break from the easel.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

If only he or Ed Stow would, one could have a really good debate.

STEVE
          Hi Steve,

I bump into Ed occasionally and I believe he is still working on his Lechmere book.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            GUT how many alleged Ripper letters can you recall that were postmarked ‘Arles, France?
            Dale has an explanation for that, something about getting others to post them for him, I think, see that wouldn’t have put Vincent’s neck in a noose, would it?
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              Dale has an explanation for that, something about getting others to post them for him, I think, see that wouldn’t have put Vincent’s neck in a noose, would it?
              At least he hasn’t gone down the doppelgänger route (a la Cream)

So Vincent wrote letters about things that were happening or were about to happen, in advance, and got someone (even though he was a loner as Dale pointed out in his first post) to post them.

If you try hard enough you can stretch anything in an attempt to make facts fit a fantasy.

I haven’t a clue where to look (I’ve just tried) but I wonder how much it would have cost to get from Arles to London in 1888?
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                When Van Gogh and the Maybrick Diary are dominating the message board you know Ripperology is on its ass!
                Are you sure it's not just that there are a lot of idiots on the message boards and in general Harry?

Comment

Well I can't say what the worst theory has been... I do say Vincent is close to the top of that list, but I'll still give it a read so it can be debated... I like to see both sides before arguing, but I think Joseph Merrick was a worse suspect...even worse then Maybrick (who in my opinion is also a horrible suspect... and I have debated that publicly so no need to do it again)... but .......

hmmmm maybe Vincent snuck to London... broke Merrick out of the hospital, then they hitched a ride with Maybrick... went to pick up Sickert (more so Vincent could borrow paints than anything else)...picked up a hitchhiking Druitt who they mistook for Prince Eddie and one of them said.. you know what we should do... let's kill us some unfortunates...and they did....but only because they were under the spell of a 13 year old Aleister Crowley....who told them.. it's ok if we get buckled my friend (14 year old) Harry Houdini can bust us out......CASE CLOSED

Steadmund Brand
                  "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                    Well I can't say what the worst theory has been... I do say Vincent is close to the top of that list, but I'll still give it a read so it can be debated... I like to see both sides before arguing, but I think Joseph Merrick was a worse suspect...even worse then Maybrick (who in my opinion is also a horrible suspect... and I have debated that publicly so no need to do it again)... but .......

hmmmm maybe Vincent snuck to London... broke Merrick out of the hospital, then they hitched a ride with Maybrick... went to pick up Sickert (more so Vincent could borrow paints than anything else)...picked up a hitchhiking Druitt who they mistook for Prince Eddie and one of them said.. you know what we should do... let's kill us some unfortunates...and they did....but only because they were under the spell of a 13 year old Aleister Crowley....who told them.. it's ok if we get buckled my friend (14 year old) Harry Houdini can bust us out......CASE CLOSED

Steadmund Brand
                    lol. too logical
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Erm,... Dead dogs? Anyone care to shine a light on this? Two dogs dead dogs in Mary's room? Have I missed something?
                      JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
                      JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
                      ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                        Erm,... Dead dogs? Anyone care to shine a light on this? Two dogs dead dogs in Mary's room? Have I missed something?
                        Dale seems to be the only one who has ever heard about it.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Finally found one thing in common with Dale, the same breed of dog.
                          G U T

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                            Nope. Dale just made this up for some unknown reason
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                              Nope. Dale just made this up for some unknown reason
                              Not unknown Herlock. It's because he sees dead dogs in the paintings, hence there must have been dead dogs in the room of Kelly, despite not only NO EVIDENCE FOR SUCH A SUGGESTION. But loads of evidence AGAINST it.

Still I see no answer as to why he wants to use kick start or similar to fund the production of this? Is it so that The Author takes no finiacal risk?
                              As I said before he can self publish and if he goes by ebook, there may be no costs, depending on how he does it. Or if for instance he self published physical book on Amazon. He basically only pays when a copy is sold, it's printed on demand..

I see from the website the the funding is to cover copyright permissions, that sounds like a lot of paintings considering the likely sales. Ripper books don't sell big unless you are Ms Cornwell, with a massive fan base to start with.
                              A figure of 10000 was quoted earlier, was this correct because I now see it is less than 6000 asked for and less than 400 raised, don't look like this will happen unless a big hitter comes along.

Steve
                              Last edited by Elamarna; 02-15-2018, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Not unknown Herlock. It's because he sees dead dogs in the paintings, hence there must have been dead dogs in the room of Kelly, despite not only NO EVIDENCE FOR SUCH A SUGGESTION. But loads of evidence AGAINST it.

Still I see no answer as to why he wants to use kick start or similar to fund the production of this? Is it so that The Author takes no finiacal risk?
                                As I said before he can self publish and if he goes by ebook, there may be no costs, depending on how he does it. Or if for instance he self published physical book on Amazon. He basically only pays when a copy is sold, it's printed on demand..

I see from the website the the funding is to cover copyright permissions, that sounds like a lot of paintings considering the likely sales. Ripper books don't sell big unless you are Ms Cornwell, with a massive fan base to start with.
                                A figure of 10000 was quoted earlier, was this correct because I now see it is less than 6000 asked for and less than 400 raised, don't look like this will happen unless a big hitter comes along.

Steve
                                Was that a typo Steve?

You’ve put ‘big hitter’ when I think that you meant to type ‘big idiot.’
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X