No announcement yet.

Was Mary Kelly more involved in murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never understood how a lookout would operate. Could someone please give me an example of where a lookout was supposed to stand and what kind of warning he was supposed to give for any of the murders?

Comment

Hi Robert. Well, the way it typically works is the 'look out' is supposed to stand at a corner lighting a pipe, and at the last possible minute, yell out a racial epithet and then plod after the onlooker. Or, at least that's how I'd do it, if I were a pipe smoker.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I am a pipe smoker and that is exactly how I did it.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
          Hi Robert. Well, the way it typically works is the 'look out' is supposed to stand at a corner lighting a pipe, and at the last possible minute, yell out a racial epithet and then plod after the onlooker. Or, at least that's how I'd do it, if I were a pipe smoker.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
          Or you could demonstrate your skills as a ventriloquist and have the racist epithet appear to come from the person you're warning, as your pipe transforms itself into a knife.

Regards, Bridewell
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I think Bride is on to something here. We should look for Pipeman on the stages of London, in a magic/ventriloquist show.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
              I am a pipe smoker and that is exactly how I did it.
              During the recent London job? And did Rob stand for Broad Shoulders?
              And what was this Temple thing that you all visited? Wanna bet it wasn't a Masonic temple or anything of the kind.
              Drunkedly/antibiotically and snowed-in in 5 inches of fresh pow at the Bavarian Alps,
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

Could this have been mary ?

Daily News .. oct 6th 1888

ANOTHER SUSPICIOUS OCCURRENCE AT THE EAST END

The Central News says: A woman was found lying insensible in Brick lane before midnight. A crowd quickly collected, and great excitement prevailed. It seems that about half past 11 o'clock three men noticed a hansom cab containing two men and a woman turn down Air street. Having reached a dark railway arch the men in the cab got out and deposited upon the ground the woman, who was apparently insensible. The three men who were watching, having their suspicions aroused, raised an alarm. The other two men jumped into the cab, and the cabman droved (sic) hurriedly off.

could this have been mary ?

Comment

Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
                  if one witness statement is all the flack this old bird is gonna receive , i may just take her up again on another sortie [

moonbegger
                  Hi, Moonbegger,

I for one have a major problem with Long's identification, considering the state of Annie Chapman's body when it was first examined. From what I can understand, it seems she must have been dead longer.

So, if there is any one witness to dismiss, for me, it would be Elizabeth Long.

My research indicates that Annie Chapman's advanced disease might be an explanation for part of the discrepancies, or at least my perceived discrepancies.

Comment

Originally posted by curious View Post
                    Hi, Moonbegger,

I for one have a major problem with Long's identification, considering the state of Annie Chapman's body when it was first examined. From what I can understand, it seems she must have been dead longer.

So, if there is any one witness to dismiss, for me, it would be Elizabeth Long.

My research indicates that Annie Chapman's advanced disease might be an explanation for part of the discrepancies, or at least my perceived discrepancies.

Hi Curious ..
                    Yes i must agree with you , there seems to be so many discrepancies attached to this murder .. Not only longs identification of Chapman and killer outside number 29, a full fifteen minutes after a woman's voice was heard to say " No " in the yard by the next door neighbour .. but also Phillips time of death testimony placing Chapman dead at least 2 hours before 6.30 at the very latest 4.30 am , rendering John Richardsons statement that he was sitting on the steps in the yard of 29 at 4.45am impossible
                    and follow that with the fact that Long identified Chapman's body in the mortuary on the 12th, almost 5 days after the murder .. i'm sure she would look a bit different by then anyway !

Comment

Hi All ,

Would you Adam an Eve it ! There is actually a new Jill the Ripper book out that actually lends weight to my Terrible threesome ( Two men and a woman ) Team Ripper Theory .... I Know its ridiculous , but just thought it worthy of a mention

And in the words of the Great Noel Coward ...

My dear there is only one thing more absurd and ridiculous than Jack the Ripper being a woman .... and that is Jack the Ripper NOT being a woman !

Cheers ,
                      Moonbegger

Comment

Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
                        Ok .. i have a strange new theory , and i am looking forward to being shot down in flames with it , its kind of troubling to me as i'm sure it will be to you , but the more witness statements i read , the more i find my self being dragged into the whole " Team Ripper malarkey " i have always been confident that it was more than one person involved in the murders , and although i don't really have a main suspect or for that matter a motive , i do however believe that to evade discovery at each crime scene so successfully (without buying into that ol lucky Jack theory ) he must of had some kind of a lookout .. Now i know the Schwartz statement lends weight to this ( especially the one he gave to the press ) pertaining to the Stride murder .. But here is where my engines catch fire if they haven't already , what if a certain Mary Jane Kelly was part of this lookout team ( please read on before you slaughter me ) A man and a woman were seen blocking the doorway at 29 Hanbury street during the Chapman murder/placement and also at the entrance to Mitre Square and in both instances the man and woman both hid their faces from fear of recognition , in fact the only positive identification made, was the shawl that the alleged victim was wearing , something that Kelly could have quite easily have wrapped around her shoulder not only to mislead people but also to keep warm .And was Kelly's the voice that was herd saying " Oh No " in the backyard of 29 Hanbury street whilst helping to drop off poor Annie ? And finally just before my plane hits the ground ! is it possible that the cry of "oh Murder " heard in Millers court was actually just an argument between Kelly and her Killer , somewhere along the lines of " mary keep your voice down , dya want the whole court to know " to a reply of " Know what OH MURDER .. MURDER "... so was Mary killed simply to shut her up , then ripped to pieces to make it look like just another Jack the Ripper murder ? ok I've got my parachute on you can start shooting .

Moonbegger
                        Ah ha ,

so in light of the other Mary Kelly thread , this doesn't appear so crazy after all Give or take a few minor adjustments .

moonbegger .

Comment

Working...
                        X