Knowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    If you think before you speak instead of reacting with your old strategy, which for you is safe but not intellectually fruitful, you will perhaps manage to understand the problems and the questions.

In this case you did not see the word "consequences". Apply that word to your text above.
    My dear boy, there are two possible consequences of notifying the police:

1. You notify the police, who arrest and charge me, and you are free from arrest yourself.

2. You notify the police, who do not arrest and charge me due to lack of evidence, and you are free from arrest yourself.

So notifying the police would appear to be a win-win strategy for you here my dear boy.

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    And there you have the line between cat and rat and sure and not sure.

Of course such a situation is very problematic, so how do you solve it?
    It's not problematic at all my dear boy and I believe I have already solved it.

Comment

• [QUOTE=David Orsam;415328]

My dear boy, there are two possible consequences of notifying the police:

1. You notify the police, who arrest and charge me, and you are free from arrest yourself.
      Why would you create a situation with such an unfavourable outcome for yourself?

2. You notify the police, who do not arrest and charge me due to lack of evidence, and you are free from arrest yourself.
      And since you managed to solve the problem by taking a very high risk, point 1 never happened. How did you do that?

Comment

Why would you create a situation with such an unfavourable outcome for yourself?
        Oh my dear boy, you have, in your own charming fashion, if I may say so, hit the nail very squarely upon the head.

That is precisely why I would not have been so foolhardy as to have told you that I was the killer in the first place, thus avoiding all of this nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post

Oh my dear boy, you have, in your own charming fashion, if I may say so, hit the nail very squarely upon the head.

That is precisely why I would not have been so foolhardy as to have told you that I was the killer in the first place, thus avoiding all of this nonsense.
          Yes, it is a problem, isn´t it? But now the damage is done.

Comment

Yes, it is a problem, isn´t it? But now the damage is done.
            Oh yes, my dear boy, the damage is certainly done for me, I am doomed to be reported to the police and will have to take my chances that there isn't enough evidence to charge or convict me.

You, however, are in the clear. So for you, it's problem solved.

Comment

• [QUOTE=David Orsam;415340]

Oh yes, my dear boy, the damage is certainly done for me, I am doomed to be reported to the police and will have to take my chances that there isn't enough evidence to charge or convict me.
              You would not give evidence which could be used for charging or convicting you. You would just give enough evidence for me to know who you are and what you have done, hoping that I will change my strategy.

Those who are high should be low and those who are low should be high. There can be no more shame. Enough damage has been done to your life already. If it continues you will have nothing left. That is what you tell me.

And I agree. The men in the British Empire would not envy you. You have given your life for this nation and still you come out with so very little. Yes, it is a shame.

And to think that the most important thing for you is almost destroyed at a point in time when you are so very weak.

You, however, are in the clear. So for you, it's problem solved.
              As long as you must put pressure on me, the problem will not be solved. You continued for a long time tp tell lies to the authorities. You said you were somebody when you were not. Of course you started to regret what you had done. You became scared after a few years. And you confessed. So yes, I know what you have done. But will it ever be spoken of?

Now: If I do not listen to you and you can not scare me enough to listen to you: what can you do about it?

Comment

• That's all very interesting my dear boy, and indeed charmingly incomprehensible, but there is still no dilemma here. As you say, you don't have enough knowledge of my crimes to be able to have me convicted of murder. So you aren't worried about a charge of misprision of felony. But if, for some irrational reason, you are worried about this, you can simply put an end to the worry by notifying the police of everything you know. So what is the purpose of this thread?

Comment

That's all very interesting my dear boy, and indeed charmingly incomprehensible, but there is still no dilemma here. As you say, you don't have enough knowledge of my crimes to be able to have me convicted of murder. So you aren't worried about a charge of misprision of felony. But if, for some irrational reason, you are worried about this, you can simply put an end to the worry by notifying the police of everything you know. So what is the purpose of this thread?
                  Well, David, if I was an accomplice for instance, it would have been very difficult for me to notify the police, wouldn´t it?

And even if there was a pardon afterwards, think about the shame.

Being an accomplice to the Whitechapel murderer is not a desirable position. My whole life would have been ruined after that, don´t you agree?

Comment

Well, David, if I was an accomplice for instance, it would have been very difficult for me to notify the police, wouldn´t it?

And even if there was a pardon afterwards, think about the shame.

Being an accomplice to the Whitechapel murderer is not a desirable position. My whole life would have been ruined after that, don´t you agree?
                    Oh my dear boy, are you so lonely you feel the need to respond to a question from the 20th May just to get me to talk to you?

I wouldn't mind, my dear boy, but you seem to have forgotten the premise of this entire thread, of which a clue is in the title of "knowing".

You are not supposed to be an accomplice. You are supposed to have just been told by the murderer that he has committed the murders.

If you are now suddenly an accomplice to murder my dear boy then, indeed, that changes matters greatly but you need to get your story straight first.

Comment

• [QUOTE=David Orsam;417716]
                      Oh my dear boy, are you so lonely you feel the need to respond to a question from the 20th May just to get me to talk to you?
                      Dear David, are you so lonely you feel the need to respond just to get me to talk to you?

I wouldn't mind, my dear boy, but you seem to have forgotten the premise of this entire thread, of which a clue is in the title of "knowing".
                      I wouldn´t mind, David, but you seem to have misunderstood the problem in the thread, since it is an historical problem.
                      You are not supposed to be an accomplice. You are supposed to have just been told by the murderer that he has committed the murders.
                      In history I am supposed to be an accomplice. I am supposed to have been told by you that you have committed the murders but since I did not believe you, you made me an accomplice.

If you are now suddenly an accomplice to murder my dear boy then, indeed, that changes matters greatly but you need to get your story straight first.
                      Since I am your accomplice to murder that changes matters between you an me greatly so what will the story be now?

Comment

I am supposed to have been told by you that you have committed the murders but since I did not believe you, you made me an accomplice.
                        Ah my dear boy, I think I have identified the problem with your narrative.

If I "make you" an accomplice to a murder then you have sufficient evidence to go immediately to the police and give evidence against me thus causing me to be hung by the neck until dead.

Comment

Ah my dear boy, I think I have identified the problem with your narrative.

If I "make you" an accomplice to a murder then you have sufficient evidence to go immediately to the police and give evidence against me thus causing me to be hung by the neck until dead.
                          But then of course you have not read post 113.

Comment

But then of course you have not read post 113.
                            Do you mean this:

"Well, David, if I was an accomplice for instance, it would have been very difficult for me to notify the police, wouldn´t it?"

The answer is no, if you've been "made" to be an accomplice. It would be very simple to go to the police in those circumstances.

Comment

Do you mean this:

"Well, David, if I was an accomplice for instance, it would have been very difficult for me to notify the police, wouldn´t it?"

The answer is no, if you've been "made" to be an accomplice. It would be very simple to go to the police in those circumstances.
                              This is where our discussion ends, since the information is not sufficient.

Comment

This is where our discussion ends, since the information is not sufficient.
                                Oh dear, what a shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X