Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geddy, was it a shot looking down Miller's Court with a man apparently holding a broom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Geddy, was it a shot looking down Miller's Court with a man apparently holding a broom?
      Don't think so, I think it showed a bloke coming out holding a kettle asking if anyone could fix his spout!

Comment

• Dorset Street, 1895

Comment

• Gosh just walked through Mitre Square for the first time in about 6 months....the bench and flower bed section are now gone! I know they werent original but still had been there ever since my first visit years before. Also...walked up the alley by The White Hart and someone had started writing with chalk "The juwes are the men.." and presumably were interrupted. I see the flats at the end of that alley by the Tabram murder site have now been demolished! The area is slowly vanishing!

Comment

• What's happening peops!?

Hey guys n gals, have just been having a look round the forums for the first time in a while. Noticed there hadn't been any activity on this thread for a while so I thought I'd try to kick start it! So has anybody got any new photos of (whats left) of the sites? IS there anything left of Mitre Sq?? Look forward to seeing some new photos hopefully.

All the best

John

Comment

• This is just about as close as you can currently get to White's Row (Miller's Court/Dorset St) now, photo taken last week (Dec '16)

By contrast this is my 2012 painting of the site from a photo taken in 2011
              Attached Files

Comment

• Not sure if this has been posted yet. Brushfield Street looking towards Christ Church 1912
                Attached Files

Comment

• Wentworth Street, Whitechapel from A tale of two cities, the very rich and the very poor, a series of drawings of London by Gustave Doré
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the Doré drawing of Wentworth Street, avvie. I don't recall seeing that one before.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• A couple more of Whitechapel

All photos: JB Photographer@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonathanbarker/
                          Last edited by avvie; 09-07-2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• This is just titled "Sunset from Whitechapel"

All photos: JB Photographer@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonathanbarker/

Comment

• RAF photo's of London 1941

Whitechapel

Comment

• I apologise if any of these have been seen already.

Old Montague street in 1967

Comment

Working...
                                X