picture of mary kelly's room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picture of mary kelly's room

hi, i'm new to this forum so if this has been covered before please forgive me. in the diary book there is a blow up of the photo of mary kelly's room where it looks like the letters fm are drawn in blood on the wall next to the bed. is that blow up legit or doctored? thank you

Hi Catvance and welcome to the boards,
    The picture of Mary kelly in her room at millers Court does not appear to be doctored but slightly enlightened.

The alleged "FM" on the wall however are little more than blood spatter from her body.

The images can be seen on the "Victims" section just to the left of your screen, or perhaps try the "Photo Archive".

Good luck, and once again welcome.
    Regards Mike

Comment

I will just add that I just discovered there is . . . like . . . a Photo Archive!

Great resource!

Yours truly,

--J.D.

P.S. Welcome to the Forums!

P.P.S. Two drink minimum. . . .

Comment

Catvance - congratulations on an excellent enquiry.

Personally, I see the FM clearly in the Diary and can't see it with any degree of clarity in any other print of MJK1 & MJK2 (the names we give to that infamous image). I have therefore always doubted myself that the print in the Diary is untampered.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Hi catvance and welcome-

Here's the ubiquitous Diary pic with the alarmingly readable FM (especially if you narrow your eyes!)
          Click image for larger version

Name:	FM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	653121
          But try and squint as I may I've never seen anything comparable in any other MJK1/2 anywhere either ...I agree with Philip......a clumsy tampering!

Now an idol of Baphomet??????.....OBVIOUS!

Suzi
          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
            Personally, I see the FM clearly in the Diary and can't see it with any degree of clarity in any other print of MJK1 & MJK2 (the names we give to that infamous image). I have therefore always doubted myself that the print in the Diary is untampered.
            I don't see any tampering here, Philip. I can see the FM or fM quite clearly in the print that Rumbelow found. Well spotted by the forger(s) I'd say. What I like is the Frosty the Snowman face at the centre top of that picture.
            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

'ere we go, as one earwig said to the other

Click image for larger version

Name:	kelly.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	653124
              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Great isn't it!!
                'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Everyone knows it was an advert for MFI....
                  Attached Files
                  Regards Mike

Comment

Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but if there was actually anything to this, what exactly is "FM" supposed to stand for? Maybrick's first initial was J.

Comment

The wife, her indoors, Florence Maybrick, he wasn't leaving a tag, al a Banksy but showing the wife what he is capable of!!

A slap around the face would have done!!
                      Regards Mike

Comment

Aha - you're right, Stephen (as always). I can see the 'FM' there now. The reason I never noticed it is because it's much bigger than I thought. I had never compared the Diary image to the others. I'd just tried to find the 'FM' and I thought that both letters were somehow hidden in what I always saw as the 'M' because that's the size I thought both letters would be when combined, not just one.

Well, that's proven to me that Freddie Mills was JTR.

PHILIP
                        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post

Well, that's proven to me that Freddie Mills was JTR.

PHILIP
                          Philip

You`ve seen the recent photofit

FM = Freddie Mercury

Comment

The main aspects of the photo that look sort of like an FM are actually present in all known copies. Certain contrast levels just make the area more distinct. The one in the diary came from the photo Don Rumbelow found, which was black and white and had more increased darkness and contrast. That particular image also has a strange white fuzzy dot to the left of the alleged FM that separates it from other similar markings to the left that is visible on the other version of the image. That might be some sort of defect introduced during reproduction of that version of the print.

Here I take another version of the photo, increase its contrast, make it black and white, and compare it to the other version:

[ATTACH]918[/ATTACH]

Note that the much of the alleged FM is visible, but the Don Rumbelow photo also includes some areas that appear darker than help the FM illusion along, but the other (non-FM) parts of that photo also have more dark spots. These were dark in all known copies of this version of the photo and not just as included with the publication of the diary. Don's photo had been used by police for many years and also looks like a copy of a copy (of a copy of a copy, no doubt), so it's not surprising that it looks a little different.

Dan Norder
                            Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                            Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

okay, now for the watch. the reports listed say the scratches are 'tens of years old'. what's the theory on it? i've always thought that the blow up of the fm on the wall and the watch were the most important things in that diary book. more important than just words on old paper with old ink.

Comment

Working...
                              X