Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Svensson View Post
    Nothing truly, completely does IMO. This is where the Aussies got it right: Compulsory voting with the final option of "None of the above" if you really can't be arsed about who runs the country.
    Like it makes a difference?

What we call "democracy" is nothing but a sideshow. It just creates the false impression of agency. Clinton or Trump... It doesn't make a difference who's voted into office, because you can be sure as heck they never would've been allowed to step one foot into the White House without the ruling elite's blessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
      Like it makes a difference?

What we call "democracy" is nothing but a sideshow. It just creates the false impression of agency. Clinton or Trump... It doesn't make a difference who's voted into office, because you can be sure as heck they never would've been allowed to step one foot into the White House without the ruling elite's blessing.
      Hi, Harry D.,

I'm dubious of the "ruling elite" concept, but I do believe it is important to vote as if it does make a difference. I think the Republicans wanted Jeb Bush as their candidate, and settled for Donald Trump with the idea that either he'd change if elected, or would not win at all

Now we do have a ruler from the "elite", if you consider money a qualification.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
        Hi, Harry D.,

I'm dubious of the "ruling elite" concept, but I do believe it is important to vote as if it does make a difference. I think the Republicans wanted Jeb Bush as their candidate, and settled for Donald Trump with the idea that either he'd change if elected, or would not win at all

Now we do have a ruler from the "elite", if you consider money a qualification.
        It's the plutocrats and oligarchs who run the world. It doesn't matter which puppet you vote for.

Comment

It's the plutocrats and oligarchs who run the world. It doesn't matter which puppet you vote for.
          Some puppets suit the oligarchs' purposes better than others. "Those whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad"... so, if you're a nutjob to begin with, it makes the gods' jobs much easier.
          Last edited by Sam Flynn; 07-31-2017, 08:58 AM.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Scarramuchi has gone.

Trump is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
              Scarramuchi has gone. Trump is the gift that just keeps on giving.
              Jeez! Trump makes Nero look like Gladstone.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                Jeez! Trump makes Nero look like Gladstone.
                I'm going to buy him a fiddle.

Comment

I'm going to buy him a fiddle.
                  A fiddle would suit him, given his propensity for giving things the elbow
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Scarramuchi has gone.

Trump is the gift that just keeps on giving.
                    hi, Barn,
                    it was Trump's new Chief of Staff, military man John Kelly, who ordered the Mooch's departure-- proving that at least someone on the President's staff has smarts.
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      Some puppets suit the oligarchs' purposes better than others. "Those whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad"... so, if you're a nutjob to begin with, it makes the gods' jobs much easier.
                      Maybe they do, Sam, but the end result is the same.

Trump isn't what's wrong with America. "Capitalist democracy" which only exists to serve the interests of the rich and powerful - that's what's wrong with America, and the rest of the Western world.

Comment

• Cool. Long live Communist Dictatorship then

Comment

Cool. Long live Communist Dictatorship then
                          Meritocratic social capitalism would be my preferred successor.

Comment

I'm with you there, Harry. Sadly, it looks like we're stuck with a toxic mediocracy for the foreseeable future... in Britain and America.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Ah, now you're REALLY dreaming

Comment

Ah, now you're REALLY dreaming
                                People once dreamt of putting a man on the moon.

Comment

Working...
                                X