Jack The Ripper tattoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack The Ripper tattoos

Odd I know, but Ive found a few online. As "ripperologists" what are your views on such things? I dont have any tattoos but I think if I was going to get one it just might be "from hell" in the exact way it was written on the Lusk letter.

Here are some I found, some are good, some are terrible
    Attached Files

There's some nice work there - the full back with the shadow and the Ten Bells is particularly good. Some of others, as you say.... not so much. And Sickert, really?

People get all sorts of tatts for all sorts of reasons. I'm fairly well decorated myself, and they're kind of a diary in some ways, with a lot of stuff that is or has been important to me, but as much as my interest in this case is a huge part of my life, not sure that it's ever even occured to me to get a Jack-related tattoo.

Now it has, though... No idea what it would be, however.

B.
    Bailey
    Wellington, New Zealand
    hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
    www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

I have a related tattoo, though not graphic as the ones above I may add.

Messers Begg and Hutchinson were horrified, which is understandable. However I have my reasons which, like Bailey has touched upon, is born out of the case being a big part of my life rightly or wrongley.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I have a few and although I had never looked at getting a ripper one I do want to have 'Ansi sera Groigne qui groigne' which is from one of my other interests so I can see why people would.
        In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

I agree also, in a way - while I don't have any Jtr I do have Egyptian hieroglypics as one of my tattoos - from my interest in Ancient Egypt.

At least some of these look quite well drawn. I suppose as long as they are happy with these tattoos for the rest of their lives, they (hopefully) thought it through before getting them.

Tj
          It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Yeah to be fair one of mine is done over the top of the heart I had at the bottom of my back so I looked like a care bear! I regretted that!
            In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Yeah to be fair one of mine is done over the top of the heart I had at the bottom of my back so I looked like a care bear! I regretted that

Ha ha I used to love the care bears!!!! I always thought of getting one on my back but still haven't, one on my shoulder and one on my ankle, don't regret them yet, but I am getting older.....

tj
              It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

A lot of these tattoos seem to be in extremely poor taste.

Comment

I won't be getting any and yes I do think they are in poor taste and as you all know I have very low standards.
                  Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                    A lot of these tattoos seem to be in extremely poor taste.
                    Are you saying that some tattoos are in good taste?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                      Are you saying that some tattoos are in good taste?

c.d.
                      To c.d.

No I am not. I have no tattoos myself and don't like tattoos. However each to there own as regards tattoos generally. But these tattoos are in extremely poor taste.

Cheers John

Comment

Hello John,

I personally think that all tattoos are in bad taste some just more so than others. I never saw the wisdom of writing on one's self when pen and paper are readily available. "Oh, but it expresses my individuality." Yeah right. You and everyone else.

c.d.

Comment

I have a lot of tattoos, and am getting quite a few more. But these are bad tattoos. Not the subject matter, I can't really judge that, but the art. It's bad art. I hate cartooney stuff that isn't a cartoon, the lines are bad, most of the shading is terrible, the proportions are really bad.
                          I mean if you're going to do something, do it well.
                          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Not only are some n poor taste, I've seen better work done in gaol that a couple of these.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                              Hello John,

I personally think that all tattoos are in bad taste some just more so than others. I never saw the wisdom of writing on one's self when pen and paper are readily available. "Oh, but it expresses my individuality." Yeah right. You and everyone else.

c.d.
                              Its your personal opinion. Some tattoo's have deep meaning to people...Kids names etc

Others have had traumatic experiences in life and it is away of dealing with that. There is a photo on google of a man who lost his arm in a shark attack. On his arm stump he has had a shark inked on. Check it out.

I do agree some are in bad taste and some are just ridiculous but not all.

Comment

Working...
                              X