Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Commies have landed.

For real. Trump posts a self-glorifying, content-free video that the old Soviet guard of the 1970s would have been proud of.

Comment

• 06 June 2016:
      Rob Goldstone: "This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but it is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr.Trump"
      Trump Jr. (17 minutes later): "[...] I love it! [...]"
      24 July 2016 on Jake Tapper:
      TAPPER: [Mook] seemed to be suggesting that this is part of a plot to help Donald Trump and hurt Hillary Clinton. Your response?"
      TRUMP JR.: "Well, just goes to show you their exact moral compass. They’ll say anything to be able to win this. This is time and time again, lie after lie. You notice he won’t say, “Well, I say this,” he’ll say, “Here are experts, here’s house cat at home who once said this is what’s happening with the Russians.” It’s disgusting; it’s so phony."
      The rant then goes on for another 3 minutes or so but here is my favourite part: Trump Jr. in denying the allegation that "the Trump campaign" (it's safe to say that Manaford, himself and Kushner who were at the meeting would represent the entity aka "the Trump Campaign") has met with Russians in order to get dirt on Clinton goes on to state:

TRUMP JR.: "[these allegations] goes to show what the Clinton Camp and the DNC are willing to do. THEY WILL LIE AND DO ANYTHING TO WIN"
      (my caps)

Really? isn't that a little ironic now? Anyways, the fat lady must be on her way by now. Surely she is already gargling and chosing a dress for her performance. A little vocal-chord streching, and the stage will be all hers. Just time for one more encore:

Rob Goldstone: "This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but it is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr.Trump"
      Trump Jr.: "I L-O-V-E I-T"
      Last edited by Svensson; 07-12-2017, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svensson View Post
        06 June 2016:

24 July 2016 on Jake Tapper:

The rant then goes on for another 3 minutes or so but here is my favourite part: Trump Jr. in denying the allegation that "the Trump campaign" (it's safe to say that Manaford, himself and Kushner who were at the meeting would represent the entity aka "the Trump Campaign") has met with Russians in order to get dirt on Clinton goes on to state:

(my caps)

Really? isn't that a little ironic now? Anyways, the fat lady must be on her way by now. Surely she is already gargling and chosing a dress for her performance. A little vocal-chord streching, and the stage will be all hers. Just time for one more encore:

The fat lady is no closer to appearing than any of the past half dozen times she was predicted to appear.

Comment

• I admired America when I was younger,Land of the free and home of the wotsit.
          I still like most Americans I meet...I admired the fact they espoused ANYONE could be president of the USA....
          I thought thats brilliant....
          Until Donald got in...Then I realised that...ANYONE could be president of the USA

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post
            The fat lady is no closer to appearing than any of the past half dozen times she was predicted to appear.
            Except someone has started impeachment proceedings, I guess all sorts of things before there is even a vote, so certainly closer, but still a long way to go if anything is to happen.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
              Except someone has started impeachment proceedings, I guess all sorts of things before there is even a vote, so certainly closer, but still a long way to go if anything is to happen.
              It's just an impeachment resolution at this stage, and it likely won't be voted on, but Congressman Sherman said he hopes it might at least cause the White House to take things more seriously and straighten their act out.

But, according to this story, if Trump aides want to protect the First Family by "digging up dirt" on the reporters behind the Russia and Trump Jr scandal, well...

Last edited by Pcdunn; 07-13-2017, 06:50 AM. Reason: Adding link
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post

I think she is as this story has proven the Trump campaign's willingness to collude with Russia. In addition, we have proof that they have lied on the very subject and continue to be evasive. They behave a guilty as a bunch of 5 year olds with their pockets full of sweets.

Comment

• I still love and believe in my country... and I know we will get thru this, but this kind of thing is just the tip of the iceberg, with the insane hatred the left and right now have for each other...it appears neither side actually care about the country, just about themselves and their party.... this has to change.. and I think it will, or we as a nation will totally collapse

Steadmund Brand
                  Last edited by Steadmund Brand; 07-14-2017, 11:14 AM.
                  "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                    It's just an impeachment resolution at this stage, and it likely won't be voted on, but Congressman Sherman said he hopes it might at least cause the White House to take things more seriously and straighten their act out.

But, according to this story, if Trump aides want to protect the First Family by "digging up dirt" on the reporters behind the Russia and Trump Jr scandal, well...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.16e6f9640987
                    I know little of your political system, in particular impeachment, but surely an impeachment resolution is starting impeachment proceedings, now how far will the proceedings go is another question.

But to my limited understanding they can go nowhere until a resolution is bought forward, so I stand by my comment that impeachment proceedings have started. Unless I'm wrong and a resolution isn't the first step.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                      I still love and believe in my country... and I know we will get thru this, but this kind of thing is just the tip of the iceberg, with the insane hatred the left and right now have for each other...it appears neither side actually care about the country, just about themselves and their party.... this has to change.. and I think it will, or we as a nation will totally collapse

Steadmund Brand
                      Unfortunately this hatred of the other side seems to be happening in many instances, not just politics and not just in the USA.
                      G U T

Comment

• My co-worker, who is a big Trump supporter, was unaware that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. When I pointed that out to him his response was that that was simply my opinion. I had to explain to him that was the conclusion of the Federal Election Commission in their report to Congress. While still unconvinced he responded that it was because so many illegal immigrants voted for Clinton. When I asked for evidence to support his allegation he could not provide it. Apparently almost half of Republicans believe Trump won the popular vote. So much for an informed electorate.

c.d.

Comment

• But you get idiots on both sides of any political argument.

And to be honest I've heard Democrats who say because she won the popular vote she should be president, clearly displaying a poorer understanding of the US election system than I (a dumb Aussie) have.
                          G U T

Comment

• The past week in Washington was remarkable, with Sean Spicer resigning in response to the hiring of a new communication s director, chief of staff Priebus being boosted out the door, Trump declaring trans-gender military volunteers can no longer serve "in any capacity", and Senator John McCain ( recently diagnosed with brain cancer) returning to cast "the right vote" against the repeal and replace of the Affordable Health Care Act.

He understands that the Senate's alternate bill was not drafted and approved in open debate, as is usual.

Now I read that President Trump has been objecting via tweets to the rules of the Senate.
                            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                            ---------------
                            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                            ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              But you get idiots on both sides of any political argument.

And to be honest I've heard Democrats who say because she won the popular vote she should be president, clearly displaying a poorer understanding of the US election system than I (a dumb Aussie) have.
                              I've heard that argument too but I thought they were pointing out that the Electoral College does not reflect the will of the voting public.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Nothing truly, completely does IMO. This is where the Aussies got it right: Compulsory voting with the final option of "None of the above" if you really can't be arsed about who runs the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X