10 Weeks in Whitechapel Audio Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HelenaWojtczak View Post
    Jon, your response shows clearly you have zero respect for me or my book.

No wonder the podcast went out without any reference to my work, if it was being overseen by someone bearing a personal sexist prejudice.
    I was waiting for that accusation from you. You're f*ucking crazy. Go away.

JM

Comment

I'm not appalled that someone hasn't read my book, "Cenci".

I'm appalled that anyone would broadcast a load of myths and lies and nonsense, after a diligent and meticulous historian, an elected Fellow of the Royal Historical Society, no less, has spent three years painstakingly dispelling those myths and lies.

Surely, if you can't be bothered to discover the true facts about a suspect, it's better not to do the podcast at all than to spread a load of lies, myths and mistakes.

If you think it's a good thing to broadcast a load of lies and myths, you can explain why here.
      Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post

JM
        That's "f*ucking crazy BSc (Hons) FRHistS" actually Jon.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

I've reported your post directed at me to Admin. I won't be slandered. So hopefully we won't have to be explaining much else to you before too long.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post

JM
            This is just the sort of post we like to see on Casebook: Adult, detailed, well-reasoned, free of petty personal insults.

Oh, wait a minute.. .I seem to be accidentally responding to the wrong post! My apologies.

Comment

So calling me "******* crazy" isn't slander, then? (PS I think you mean libel).

Do you call all the male historians "******* crazy" when they want the true facts and not lies to be podcasted?

Comment

I don't actually have to explain anything 'Helena'.

No more responses from me. I'm not playing.

A shame as I would have liked to have read your book had I known about it (and I'm an amateur Ripperologist still working my way through the numerous works) but that seems unlikely now.

I'm sorry if you think I've done this to propagate lies. I didn't. I wrote my own understanding of the case and have never said it was gospel. In fact, I even state that there will be errors as I'm very new. No one is discrediting your work and anyone who is a serious student of Chapman - and my audience were not - will have already have read your book.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cenci View Post
                  anyone who is a serious student of Chapman - and my audience were not - will have already have read your book.
                  So you are saying the podcast was for people who haven't read my book, and therefore would not know you were giving the wrong info? And that's OK because they don't know the facts?

I put a huge amount of work into researching Chapman's life and I think that gives me the right to point out when info is being broadcast that is incorrect.

To respond to this by swearing at me and calling me names, or saying "Right, I will now NEVER read your book -- so there"" is childish in the extreme.

Comment

So calling me "******* crazy" isn't slander, then? (PS I think you mean libel).

Do you call all the male historians "******* crazy" when they want the true facts and not lies to be podcasted?
                    Absolutely correct Helena. I remember tbis from my law degree days-seems like eons ago now. Slander is spoken, whereas libel is defamatory comments made in permanent form.

Comment

I haven't sworn at you. I haven't called you names. I didn't print lies because I had no idea about you or your book. I won't be reading your book because I'm not a massive fan about being publically attacked for being an amateur.

I have nothing to explain so I'm opting out. Happy to close my account here too if that helps. I'll just walk my own Ripper path.

Comment

To respond to this by swearing at me and calling me names, or saying "Right, I will now NEVER read your book -- so there"" is childish in the extreme.
                        You accused me of having a sexist prejudice, as you accuse everyone whom you feel has intentionally, personally slighted you when most of the time you're imagining things. Sometimes you accuse people of much worse. Its incredibly bizarre behavior. I'm through responding to you.

JM

Comment

Why would anyone now want to listen to any of your podcasts when you have publicly announced that:

accuracy doesn't matter

correct facts don't matter

getting names right doesn't matter

And that your attitude to authors and historians who think it does is that they can f___ off?

I'm signing off, disgusted at the "I don't-care-what-the-facts-are" attitude.

Comment

Why would anyone now want to listen to any of your podcasts when you have publicly announced that:

accuracy doesn't matter

correct facts don't matter

getting names right doesn't matter

And that your attitude to authors and historians who think it does is that they can f___ off?

I'm signing off, disgusted at the "I don't-care-what-the-facts-are" attitude.
                            Of course I haven't announced any of those four things. I have repeatedly stated that we produced an audio show of a blog that the author himself admits in the introduction, and a few places elsewhere, might contain some errors. And those that accuse me of being a sexist can f-uck off.

Bye bye,

JM

Comment

I haven't sworn at you. I haven't called you names. I didn't print lies because I had no idea about you or your book. I won't be reading your book because I'm not a massive fan about being publically attacked for being an amateur.

I have nothing to explain so I'm opting out. Happy to close my account here too if that helps. I'll just walk my own Ripper path.
                              karl,
                              sure there were mistakes, such was freely admitted was it not.

it was clear the series was aimed at those looking to get a grounding in the issues, its said several times in part 10.

so one Author is upset, it happens. don't leave the site over this please.

Steve

Comment

I second what Steve has said. Please don't leave the sure over this. And your perfectly entitled to voice your opinions, and of course you can't be expected to have read every book on the subject.

Comment

Working...
                                X