Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I'd love to read the book but the 123 price check site says that the cheapest available copy is £120! Is it possible to get a reasonably priced copy anywhere?
    Herlock,
    You should be able to get it from your local library.
    They probably won't have it in stock, but if you ask them to order it via Inter Library Loan, they should be able to order it either from another library authority or from the British Library or the Bodleian.

There may be a small charge to cover the costs.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
      Herlock,
      You should be able to get it from your local library.
      They probably won't have it in stock, but if you ask them to order it via Inter Library Loan, they should be able to order it either from another library authority or from the British Library or the Bodleian.

There may be a small charge to cover the costs.
      Your probably right Barn. I also have a couple of local second hand book shops that I haven't visited for a while. I really want to read this book but not to the tune of £120!
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Herlock,
        I'm sure that there is a mathematical formula that proves the rule that the odds of you finding a specific book that you want in a second hand book shop are either excellent or diddly squat.

But good luck anyway.��

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
          Herlock,
          I'm sure that there is a mathematical formula that proves the rule that the odds of you finding a specific book that you want in a second hand book shop are either excellent or diddly squat.

But good luck anyway.��
          Yup. More chance of finding the Ripper tonight! We live in hope though
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• There's a paperback copy on ebay for £12*

*but sadly out of stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
              There's a paperback copy on ebay for £12*

*but sadly out of stock
              I saw that one Joshua thanks. Barn's right, the library is going to be the likeliest option I think.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Which book are you referring to Herlock? Regards. Neil Milkins.

Comment

• Herlock. Which book do you refer to? Regards. Neil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Milkins View Post
                    Herlock. Which book do you refer to? Regards. Neil.
                    Hi Neil,

It's your who Was Jack The Stripper.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Hi Herlock. If you google Rose Heyworth Press you will find details there. Cheque made payable to Neil Milkins. Regards. Neil. P.S. When Howard Carter broke a hole in Tutankhamen's tomb he was asked "What can you see." He replied "Wonderful things." I am expecting to see wonderful things shortly.
                      Last edited by Neil Milkins; 10-13-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Hi John G. No more writing at present. I don't believe any files relating to the nudes' murders would be any help at all in identifying the killer. I know Harold Jones was the killer. He was the last person to see all 8 murder victims, but no one saw them together. Regards. Neil Milkins.
                        Hi Neil

So are you're saying that the man who was driving the car who picked up Frances Brown in Hayden's Place was not Harold Jones?

Comment

Hi Herlock. If you google Rose Heyworth Press you will find details there. Cheque made payable to Neil Milkins. Regards. Neil. P.S. When Howard Carter broke a hole in Tutankhamen's tomb he was asked "What can you see." He replied "Wonderful things." I am expecting to see wonderful things shortly.
                          Thanks for that Neil. Girlfriend will send a cheque next week (birthday present!)
                          Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 10-14-2017, 06:04 AM.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Observer. No I don't believer that the guy at Hayden's place was Harold Jones. He was just the last person who was known to have seen Frances Brown before the killer abducted her. Regards. Neil.

Comment

• It's a possibility Neil, bearing in mind that the investigation discovered that a van may have been involved in at least two of the murders. One other thing, where do you suppose Jones was storing the bodies prior to dumping them? If you remember the were signs of a drying out of the bodies, a sort of mummification. Don't you think it's possible that they had been stored in the well of the electricity transformer, which of course was opposite the paint spraying shop? Flecks of paint were found adhered to the bodies of course.

Comment

• Herlock. The book will be in the post tomorrow. You should get it Monday or Tuesday. Regards. Neil. P.S. New information. Harold Jones was living in 2 properties AT THE SAME TIME in 1965. 20 Colinette Road Putney at the time of the Ignac Ulycz murder (see page 143. ) and see map on page 107) Ulycz was murdered right on the corner of Upper Richmond Road and Colinette Road and not half a mile away as I first thought. Jones was also living AT THE SAME TIME in 51 Aldensley Road Hammersmith when 7th victim Frances Brown of Southerton Road Hammmersmith was abducted and when 8th victim Bridget O'Hara of Agate Road Hammersmith was abducted.(see map on page 108.) Both victims were 2 streets away from Aldensley Road.
                                Last edited by Neil Milkins; 10-20-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X