Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Yorkshire, England, Prison Records, 1801-1914

Not Sure if this is the same chap?

Richard Blake charged with being Drunk and disorderly 29th March 1885 at Huddersfield. I believe he either was remanded to the prison there or maybe he paid not sure, although it is headed Wakefield Prison. Charged with 10 days or pay 18/10
    Details given:
    Born 1855 in Chester, 5 foot high, Brown hair. Cut on right thumb and bridge of nose. religion: Church? profession: Labourer

Pat.....

Comment

Same chap charged at Rotherham a month later for being Drunk sent to Wakefield for 7 days....Same details.

Pat...

Comment

The Chester connection leads me to think this is the same Richard Blake - seems he caused havoc wherever he ventured.

Comment

While I'm not seeing the signature similarities, this Richard Blake makes an interesting suspect! It sounds like he confessed whenever he got drunk and then realized he was a fool when he sobered up and took it back. How did he know about the first murder? He lived nearby? What if he was the murderer? I wouldn't put it past police to bungle it so bad and let the murdered go on two occasions

Comment

Working...
          X