Apron placement as intimidation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
    i've wondered wickerman how the police cleared a witness, and this article doesn't give me much faith in the process.

"Are you Jack the Ripper?"
    "No, I'm a doctor."
    "Free to go."
    Well, we only have the press version, and as the press often criticized the police then what they give us may not be the whole process.
    However, for a suspect to provide his name, address & in some cases place of business, on these points being checked out the suspect was "set at liberty", to use the common phrase.

I have the maps so I'll find Brick Lane. Did the police need a warrant to search a suspect's bag?
    Apparently not.
    "The officers, after much difficulty, got the prisoner to the station, being followed by an excited mob. At the station the bag carried by the prisoner was searched, and in it were found two pairs of scissors, a dagger and sheath, and a life preserver."
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

So instead of walking directly from Berners to Doveton, he took the long route via Mitre Square, Abby? (sorry, bad joke)
      I don't get it even for a bad joke.
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        I don't get it even for a bad joke.
        Lechmere lived on Doveton Street.
        there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Lechmere lived on Doveton Street.
          I was talking about after the murder of eddowes in mitre square and I wasn't talking about Lechmere.

to reiterate, there was about an hour or so between her murder and when the apron was discovered in goulston street, but it only takes a few minutes to walk from mitre square to goulston street. so I was suggesting that the killer, whoever he was, had a bolt hole no more than about a half hour away-about the time it would take to walk from Miter square (drop off the incriminating evidence, maybe clean up, grab some chalk) and then back to Goulston street to leave the apron and write the GSG, in time for the PC to definitely find it this time around.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I was talking about after the murder of eddowes in mitre square and I wasn't talking about Lechmere.

to reiterate, there was about an hour or so between her murder and when the apron was discovered in goulston street, but it only takes a few minutes to walk from mitre square to goulston street. so I was suggesting that the killer, whoever he was, had a bolt hole no more than about a half hour away-about the time it would take to walk from Miter square (drop off the incriminating evidence, maybe clean up, grab some chalk) and then back to Goulston street to leave the apron and write the GSG, in time for the PC to definitely find it this time around.
            Hi Abby,

Why would it have been important to the killer to write a message on a wall do you think?

Pierre

Comment

• Possibly around 10 minutes from Mitre Square to Wentworth doorway normally but let's say he should have reached the doorway by 2:00 AM.
              but instead past 2:20 AM.

3 possbilities:

- He walked using the normal 10-16 minutes:

A bolt hole.He returned(risked) outside for a purpose - wrote the graffito,just dropping the apron served no purpose.

- He did not walk using the normal 10-16 minutes:

He was cautious/slow,used many streets and arrived past 2:20 AM .Could have wrote the graffito or not.Went home.
              He was homeless,wandered about,passed through Goulston past 2:20 AM.,put the apron and went somewhere else.

It's not a given he hurried back home.
              Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
              M. Pacana

Comment

And that is what many find difficult to accept.
                I agree with the above with the exception of the chalk. The graffiti is unrelated in my view, it was already there.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• another thought occurred to me jon. rather than the suggestion of the houses 131 and 132 not ,being there, at the time of the finding, maybe he is indicating by the scribble mark NOT to consider those properties since they are on Wentworth Street, not Goulston.
                  there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                    And that is what many find difficult to accept.
                    I agree with the above with the exception of the chalk. The graffiti is unrelated in my view, it was already there.
                    Hi wick

why do you think the killer would go to his bolt hole and return to deliberately place it there if he didn't need to go get chalk to write the GSG? why wouldn't he just place the apron there on his way to the bolt hole and be done with it?

why do you think the GSG was already there?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

why do you think the killer would go to his bolt hole and return to deliberately place it there if he didn't need to go get chalk to write the GSG?
                      Why would he have kept chalk in his bolt-hole? Why was there no graffiti reported at any other murder sites?
                      why wouldn't he just place the apron there on his way to the bolt hole and be done with it?
                      ...which is what I think he did

(PS: I see no need to posit a bolt-hole.)
                      Last edited by Sam Flynn; 07-18-2017, 01:48 PM.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hi wick

why do you think the killer would go to his bolt hole and return to deliberately place it there if he didn't need to go get chalk to write the GSG? why wouldn't he just place the apron there on his way to the bolt hole and be done with it?

why do you think the GSG was already there?
                        Hi Abby.

In my view he went to a bolt-hole to unload the organs, not to get any chalk.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

In which case, why didn't he keep the apron as a trophy, or simply burn it or bury it in his bolt-hole? He could at least have stashed it for a little while, so why venture out again on the same night with incriminating evidence on his person, when he could bank on there being an increased police presence on the streets?
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            Why would he have kept chalk in his bolt-hole? Why was there no graffiti reported at any other murder sites?...which is what I think he did

(PS: I see no need to posit a bolt-hole.)
                            Hi Sam

Why would he have kept chalk in his bolt-hole?
                            most people keep writing utensils there.

Why was there no graffiti reported at any other murder sites?
                            because there was none?

which is what I think he did
                            did what?

PS: I see no need to posit a bolt-hole
                            so the ripper was a vagrant?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• "Why was there no graffiti reported at any other murder sites?"

I would say either there was none or if there was it did not seem related in any way to a murder.

c.d.

Comment

Hi Abby.

but surely it would have been quicker, safer and more efficient to just drop the apron at goulston st. right after he left mitre square and skidaddle home right?

I mean he still has the incriminating evidence of the bloody apron with him even if he unloads the organs at home and heads back out, no?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X