Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection of books

Hello all,

Sadly, due to downsizing and unrelated personal reasons, including health, I will be limiting and then winding down my focus in the area of Ripper studies after over 4 decades of interest, study, research and enthusiasm, within the relatively near future. I will be selling off a large part of my collection of JTR and JTR related books. It will be a wrench, much like when I sold my entire beloved record collection (32,000 records!) many years ago, but after much deliberation, the decision has been made. I have also decided that I will handing any compiled and outstanding research material over to selected friends and Ripper aquaintances for use in their future studies, although there are outstanding projects within the genre I hope to complete before this time.

Before putting anything on Ebay for example, I am posting here and on jtrforums first, for any people interested. A few of the books are relatively difficult to get hold of, and some if not most of the books themselves would be a fine addition and or start for any enthusiast on the subject.

Should anybody be interested, I kindly and respectfully ask any interested parties to send me a pm or an email with their email address, and I will make sure that they recieve details they may require, when I start the process. Any eventual questions can be made to me through these channels.

kindly

Phil
    Last edited by Phil Carter; 03-23-2012, 11:32 PM.
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

I'd be very interested, limited collection at the moment and looking to expand.

Unfortunately, the only books readily available aren't necessarily the most useful

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
    Hello all,

Sadly, due to downsizing and unrelated personal reasons, including health, I will be limiting and then winding down my focus in the area of Ripper studies after over 4 decades of interest, study, research and enthusiasm, within the relatively near future. I will be selling off a large part of my collection of JTR and JTR related books. It will be a wrench, much like when I sold my entire beloved record collection (32,000 records!) many years ago, but after much deliberation, the decision has been made. I have also decided that I will handing any compiled and outstanding research material over to selected friends and Ripper aquaintances for use in their future studies, although there are outstanding projects within the genre I hope to complete before this time.

Before putting anything on Ebay for example, I am posting here and on jtrforums first, for any people interested. A few of the books are relatively difficult to get hold of, and some if not most of the books themselves would be a fine addition and or start for any enthusiast on the subject.

Should anybody be interested, I kindly and respectfully ask any interested parties to send me a pm or an email with their email address, and I will make sure that they recieve details they may require, when I start the process. Any eventual questions can be made to me through these channels.

kindly

Phil

Comment

I've mentioned this before, but I'm still looking for a copy of either edition of William Stewart's book in a decent dust jacket. If you have one of those, Phil, give me a shout.

Comment

Hi Phil, what happens ?
        One should never sell his books.
        Best wishes.

Comment

Phil,

Good luck with all that. I have gotten rid of most of the chains I've had in life and to live without all those things is a blessing.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Mike vient d'être piqué par un mystique.

Comment

Phil
              Do you still have any books you want to sell?

Sushka

Comment

Originally posted by sushka View Post
                Phil
                Do you still have any books you want to sell?

Sushka
                Hello Suska, all,

Thank you for your interest and questions. Am slap bang in the middle of packing away, packing up and getting things ready for moving home. I have not sold anything as yet but wij be doing so as soon as other things are sorted out.

Any interested parties please contact me through the stated channels and I will contact all as soon as things are ready. Again thanks for the interest and patience.

Kind regards

Phil
                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi Phil,
                  I would love to see the list of books and material you are selling, but for some reason I can't pm you to give you my email address. Would you mind pm-ing me instead? Failing that, I will just post it here.
                  Many thanks,
                  Andrew

Comment

Collection Of Books - Jack The Ripper

HI PHIL CARTER

I TOO AM SELLING MY COLLECTION OF J T R BOOKS, HAVE 48 AS WELL AS RIPPEROLOGIST AND RIPPER NOTES MAGAZINES,

BOOK TITLES ( EG; AUTUME OF TERROR ( TOM CULLEN) THE LODGER ( MRS. BELLOC LOWNDES) THE MYSTERY OF JACK THE RIPPER ( LEONARD MATTERS) AND MANY OTHER SOUGHT AFTER TITLES. ALSO HAVE 6 DVD's. eg: FROM HELL ( JOHNNY DEPP) CARD GAME - MYSTERY RUMMY CASE # 1 (not opened)

ANYONE INTERESTED CAN CONTACT ME THROUGH MY EMAIL, I WILL PROVIDE FULL LIST OF ALL TITLES ( & AUTHORS)

Comment

Hi Judy, the e-mail on your account is disabled. I'm quite interested in the Matters and the journals you have. Possibly any other rare stuff you might be offering. Feel free to e-mail me at tomwescott73@gmail.com.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Me too!

j.goblin@comcast.net

Comment

Just a warning...Malcolm pays in Monopoly money.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

But I've got a lot of it!!!

Comment

LOL. That reminds me of the funniest Beavis and Butthead gag. The boys decide to get rich by xeroxing some dollar bills and trying to pass off the clearly fake money as real. They're at a convenience store and try to pay with these bills:

Cashier: Hey, this ain't real money. Get out of here now or I'm calling the cops!
                              Butthead: (handing him another stack of fake bills) Maybe this will change your mind.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                              X