No announcement yet.

Centenaries - whole and half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-...dma2&id=I00147 The Daily Reporter say that he got a life sentence.
    Last edited by sdreid; 10-13-2013, 04:05 PM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1963 October 13 - A Cincinnati waitress named Lillian Greer vanishes from her residence. Perry Zinzigk, her employer, is questioned. When police search the building, they find a freshly poured patch of concrete in the basement. Digging it out, they find Greer's remains. Zinzigk was convicted of killing Greer and given a life sentence.
      Last edited by sdreid; 10-13-2013, 04:12 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• That's the best I can do from 5 sources.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Stan/Robert

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-...dma2&id=I00147 The Daily Reporter say that he got a life sentence.
          Yes I came across that site too, plus a load of biographical detail. What I couldn't find was any mention anywhere of parole, particularly after about fifteen years only...

I also found a number of sites which mentioned his life, death but not the crime for which he was convicted - a bit freaky...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Yes, the 15 year business was mentioned by a poster on a couple of ancestry sites as something the individual was told so it might not be exactly right.

Stan Reid

Comment

• At any rate, November 63 will be busy month.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I wonder if in all the 50th Anniversary of the JFK Assassination there will be any comments that it is also the 50th Anniversary of the murder (also presumably by Oswald) of Police Officer Tibbett. Tibbett is like the forgotten man in the tragedy and mystery of that weekend.

I also recall that that fatal weekend fifty years ago was also the weekend that a teenager named John Kilbride (I believe his first name was "John") disappeared, and subsequently turned out to be one of the first three known victims of "Moor Murderers" Ian Brady and Myra Hindley.

Jeff

Comment

• Yes Jeff, I have those and more on the list.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1963 November 2 - South Vietnamese President Ngo Dinh Diem and his brother and adviser Ngo Dinh Nhu are assassinated. Both were killed by their own military after being taken into custody at the end of a coup. The coup had received, at a minimum, tacit approval from the Kennedy Administration.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1963 November 8 - The skeletal remains of Gwyneth Rees are discovered in a rubbish dump near the Thames River. She was last seen entering a van on the previous September 29; a Sunday. Some believe she may have been the first victim of Jack the Stripper; a serial killer who hit his stride in 1964. The Stripper murders are still unsolved.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 150 years ago - 1863 November 13 - In Texas, Josefa "Chipita" Rodriguez, 63, is hanged for the ax murder of a trader named John Savage. She was the first woman executed in the state. Currently, there are doubts regarding her guilt.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1963 November 18 - The tortured remains of Chicago mob associate Leo Foreman are found in the trunk of his own car. Mr. Foreman reportedly had made the mistake of owing Outfit killer Sam DeStefano an overdue loan. Ten years later, Sam wound up on the other end of gang justice, reportedly at the hands of Tony Spilotro who was in turn killed in the 1980s.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1963 November 22 - In Dallas, Texas, President John F. Kennedy is shot and killed. Some others are also wounded. In a subsequent altercation, the presumed assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald gunned down a Dallas Police officer named J D Tippit as well. These murders will not be the end of the killing.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Comment

• wierd!

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                                50 years ago - 1963 November 8 - The skeletal remains of Gwyneth Rees are discovered in a rubbish dump near the Thames River. She was last seen entering a van on the previous September 29; a Sunday. Some believe she may have been the first victim of Jack the Stripper; a serial killer who hit his stride in 1964. The Stripper murders are still unsolved.
                                That's weird. Same name as me and I was living in London at that time. Whitechapel and almost exactly in the centre of the JTR murder sites. There the resemblance ends and I am far from skeletal these days!

Cheers,
                                C4

Comment

Working...
                                X