New Member Restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Restrictions

Please note, because of spammers and the fact that they occasionally get through our registration process (as proven today), new posters to the site are not able to use the PM feature, or add a signature. A vulnerability was shown today in that new posters were allowed to use Casebook's email to send out email (if each individual poster allowed it). Our spammer today exploited that feature and sent out several emails before he was shut down. New posters will now likewise not be able to use the Casebooks own email feature. We apologize for the inconvenience however, we can't guarantee a spammer will never get through and the best way to make sure they can't do significant damage before they are caught is to make sure that new members have a genuine interest before they can access certain features. We hope you understand.

hello

I have just registered. I have only made one post so far. I have noticed there is another feature either restricted or that is broken? I cannot access the chatroom at the moment. I am happy if this is a restriction but just wish this confirmed so I can stop worrying I have broken something.

Cheers.

Comment

Yes, currently new members can't access the chatroom as well.

Comment

ok thanks

do the restrictions lift when a certain number of posts have been reached? Or is it time on the site that counts? Sorry to be a bother.

Comment

Permission to post in A6 reebooted

How do I arange to be be granted permission to post a question on the A6 Reebooted forum? I can not PM Admin as I am new.
          I would love some advise on this
          Many thanks
          Miss Daisy

Comment

Miss Daisy, didn't you see my post before? Have you tried that?

Comment

Thank you

Thank you Robert will do !

Cheers

Comment

Daisy,

Here's a crazy thought. Did you actually read the A6 restriction thread that tells you exactly what you ought to do if you are a new member and can't access PMs? I mean, I know it's a radical thought but rather than spamming the forums with repeated posts asking a question that is clearly answered on the very forum you wish to post on why don't you check the thread and follow the directions that are already there... it seems the logical choice.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower View Post
                  do the restrictions lift when a certain number of posts have been reached? Or is it time on the site that counts? Sorry to be a bother.
                  After post 25 your PM account is automatically activated and there are no more restrictions. In the very off case that not, try emailing admin.
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

Is signature at the bottom of messages a restriction? Can't find it anywhere ?

Thank you
                    GL
                    His man Bowyer
                    (Forgive my accent, I've been to France for a while…)

—————————————

Comment

I'm going to guess you didn't read the very first sentence on this thread.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Signature

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                        I'm going to guess you didn't read the very first sentence on this thread.

Hi Ally,

English is not Gene's first language. Gene, you can't access these features until you have posted 25 times.

Regards, Bridewell.
                        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Thank you for being my advocate in that case, Bridewell... indeed, i didn't read the first lines carefully...
                          And now i've a signature showing clearly I'm a alien...

regards
                          Gene
                          His man Bowyer
                          (Forgive my accent, I've been to France for a while…)

—————————————

Comment

Why doesn't the invisibility option work?
                            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

What causes you to think it doesn't?? It works for me.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Working...
                              X