Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid word game

cause I'm bored.

Me and my kids play this stupid word game just to be silly. You try to come up with a complete sentence using the most same sounding(or spelled) words with the fewest other words. and the words have to have a different meaning or context.

It all started when my son jokingly asked me-have you ever had Turkey in Turkey, you turkey?.

other examples:

Have you ever had Chilly Chili in Chile?

Did you ever spring in a spring in spring with a spring?

four similar sounding words like above are the most weve come up with.

So anyone who can think of a sentence with five or more same words(different meanings) with fewest exteraneous words wins!
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Sorry Abby, can't think of any quite like those. But I have thought of silly sentences. One with four words that rhymed was this: The pleasant peasant's pheasant present. My sister suggested the work of some would-be successful dramatist who had a love of history. So she came up with these titles for his unproduced plays:

1) What Gaul?! - set in ancient Rome, about 47 BC, the concluding lines were supposed to be:

Messenger [runs in breathless]: "Pompey, Caesar has crossed the Rubicon!"
    Pompey the Great: "WHAT!! GAUL!!!"

[Curtain]

There were also his epic about the first heavier-than-air flight, "The Wright Way". Finally his paean to General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing and the American Expeditionary Forces in "The Great War", "Tanks A Lot!".

Jeff

Comment

The toff doc said, "I fwowned then wound the wound in dwessings awound and awound - pointless, as he'd dwowned."

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
        Sorry Abby, can't think of any quite like those. But I have thought of silly sentences. One with four words that rhymed was this: The pleasant peasant's pheasant present. My sister suggested the work of some would-be successful dramatist who had a love of history. So she came up with these titles for his unproduced plays:

1) What Gaul?! - set in ancient Rome, about 47 BC, the concluding lines were supposed to be:

Messenger [runs in breathless]: "Pompey, Caesar has crossed the Rubicon!"
        Pompey the Great: "WHAT!! GAUL!!!"

[Curtain]

There were also his epic about the first heavier-than-air flight, "The Wright Way". Finally his paean to General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing and the American Expeditionary Forces in "The Great War", "Tanks A Lot!".

Jeff
        LOL. Good ones!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          The toff doc said, "I fwowned then wound the wound in dwessings awound and awound - pointless, as he'd dwowned."
          Now that's just silly.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Here's another silly one we play when we're at the beach. There's a store called sea shell city there. The challenge is to try to say it five times real fast without swearing. Or messing up. The kids, and my wife for some reason, have a hard time with it. It's pretty funny. My nephew, lor bless im, for the life of him, cannot do it, going on like three years now.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Swan swim under the bridge -
              Swim, swan, swim.
              Swan swam under the bridge -
              Swam, swan, swam.

Comment

There is an old World War I song with a tongue twisting lyric, and as it continues the chorus is speeded up. It goes like this:

"Sister Suzy's sewing shirts for soldiers,
                Whenever Sister Suzy's sewing Sister Suzy goes.
                The soldiers write epistles,
                Say, "They'd rather sleep on thistles,
                Then to wear the really itchy shirts that Sister Suzy sews!"

There is a chorus where Sister Suzy's brother Gus, who speaks with a lisp, also joins in. Michael Feinstein recorded and sang the song on a record of World War I tunes.

Of course, more famous (or now, infamous) World War I tune is "Ka..ka..ka..Katie."

Jeff

Comment

The fastest I could find. Start at around 4.00

Sister Susie's Sewing Shirts for Soldiers (Darewski/Weston)Patricia Hammond, mezzo; Tom Carradine, piano; Tom Cutler, introductionThe Swan Inn, Dobcross, 6th...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    Swan swim under the bridge -
                    Swim, swan, swim.
                    Swan swam under the bridge -
                    Swam, swan, swam.
                    now that's a tongue twister!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                      now that's a tongue twister!
                      Now this is a tongue-twister, possibly the most difficult I know:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I'm not a pheasant plucker....
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                          I'm not a pheasant plucker....
                          ...Nor a pleasant puckerer, I daresay.

What watt should Watson report to the wizardly Edison?

Greece is not full of grease, except in the gyro shops.

Tourists roam around Rome quite aimlessly, lacking a guide.
                          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                          ---------------
                          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                          ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            Now this is a tongue-twister, possibly the most difficult I know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ0yJ9BkLfw
                            Gilbert and Sullivan have several rapid fire songs, such as some of the patter songs. Besides the Major General's song in "Pirates of Penzance"., there is also the trio in the second act of "Ruddigore" (or "Ruddygore") and the four line conclusion of a number for Ko-Ko, Pooh-Bah, and Pitty-Sing (?) in the second act of "The Mikado" that begins with "To sit in sullen silence ...."

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                              second act of "The Mikado" that begins with "To sit in sullen silence ...."
                              To sit in sullen silence in a dull, dark, dock
                              In a pestilential prison with a life-long lock,
                              Awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock
                              Of a cheap and chippy chopper on a big black block

One of my all-time favourites! Thanks for reminding me

Gilbert & Sullivan - The Mikado English "White" production by the English National Opera (1987)Eric Idle, Richard Van Allan, Mark Richardson

The "sit in sullen silence" bit is at the end, but the whole thing is rather jolly. This from Jonathan Miller's legendary production with Eric Idle and the English National Opera, which I saw seven times on its first run (and several more times since!).
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                              X