Help required please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required please

Hi: I've just tried to upload a picture for my profile but it says that the file is too large. I'm utterly clueless as to what to do. I have an IPadPro by the way. On the JTR forum I could email my picture to the administrator, can the same be done here?

Why is nothing simple! (Except for me that is)

With thanks

HS
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Hi: I've just tried to upload a picture for my profile but it says that the file is too large. I'm utterly clueless as to what to do. I have an IPadPro by the way. On the JTR forum I could email my picture to the administrator, can the same be done here?

Why is nothing simple! (Except for me that is)

With thanks

HS
    The upload page specifies "The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."
    - Ginger

Comment

Hi Ginger

Sorry but that means nothing to me. The language of technology is a foreign tongue.
      On the JTR forum I emailed a portrait that I'd done, exactly the same size as the one I want to use here, and the administrator put it up, no problem.
      So I'm stuck.
      Regards
      HS
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I'm not too good technically myself but I suspect that a lower resolution image might bring it within the necessary parameters.
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Thank you Bridewell.

I have absolutely no clue on how to achieve a lower resolution image though.
          Perhaps I should just give up? It's not that important really.

I'll just sulk!

Thanks for your help though

HS
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

You're welcome!

Take a hard copy and scan it using a 'low res' setting?
            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Thanks again.

I'll have to look into how to do that. It can't be that difficult (says he hopefully). Maybe there's a demo on YouTube?
              If I hadn't been such a Luddite over the last few years I'd have known all this stuff by now. Let's hope an old dog can be taught new tricks.

Cheers
              HS
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

You can also download a program like "Ohoto resized" that makes it a breeze, sometimes just cropping the photo is enough.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Thanks GUT, I'll make a note of that and venture into the 21st century. Now, where did I put that quill?

HS
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Thanks GUT, I'll make a note of that and venture into the 21st century. Now, where did I put that quill?

HS
                    Funny I'm a bit of a hybrid, used to know more about computers than most, sold them, trained people in them at college level, programmed the things, but then started studying law and lost contact with the tech world to a large degree at the time everything was moving online, feel totally out of touch now,

Only knew about the app, because Photography is one of my other great joys and when I eventually went digital had to brush up on a lot of it.

As for Quills I'm still a fountain pen user.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I know people who actually hate writing! I once interviewed a young guy for a job as a labourer and he wrote in text form eg I used 2 work @ ........

There's a tv series here called 'Grumpy Old Men.' I think I'll put my name down.

HS
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I know people who actually hate writing! I once interviewed a young guy for a job as a labourer and he wrote in text form eg I used 2 work @ ........

There's a tv series here called 'Grumpy Old Men.' I think I'll put my name down.

HS
                        A lot of the young one' use text talk when they write. The good Mrs Gut even gets essays handed in in text at times. When she was marking the HSC (final school exam) they weren't even allowed Mark down if it was written in "text".
                        G U T

Comment

When I did 'o' level maths (remember them?) I think we were the first wave to be allowed calculators! It felt like a licence to cheat.

I remember the old joke about about a boy being disqualified for cheating in a philosophy exam. He was suspected of looking into the soul of the boy sitting next to him!

Regards
                          HS
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                          X