X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Brady dead

(Sarcasm on) What a shame
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

I can only hope his lawyers now reveal anything he told them. They are not legally bound anymore are they?

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
      I can only hope his lawyers now reveal anything he told them. They are not legally bound anymore are they?

Phil
      I know that in Australia it generally survives death, so I assume it does in England too.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Basically because the "right" belongs to the client not the lawyer and when he is dead he can't waive it.
        G U T

Comment

The world seems a little bit nicer and smells much sweeter tonight. Amen.
          JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
          JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
          ---------------------------------------------------
          JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
          ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Truly evil people are rare, but I think that he was one of them.
            - Ginger

Comment

Good. Although it seems even less likely that Keith Bennett will ever be found now, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sally View Post
                Good. Although it seems even less likely that Keith Bennett will ever be found now, sadly.
                That's the downside.
                G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Sally View Post
                  I doubt Brady could even remember where he buried him. It was over 50 years ago and his mind was deteriorating. Even if he could, he would never have given it up. That was the last slither of power that he was clinging onto.

Comment

When his partner Myra died about a decade ago I wrote that I hoped Ian would not keep us waiting. Well, he kept us waiting 10 years. But he and Myra can help try to keep each other cool in their new adjacent abodes.

Well whose next on the list of "deserving to leave planet Earth for good, and for the good of mankind"? Forgetting some deservedly choice specimens among the politically active (no names mentioned here), these people jump up:

1) Charlie Manson
                    2) Mark Chapman
                    3) David Berkowitz (yeah, I know he found religion in prison - so did Myra before she died, remember?).

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                      When his partner Myra died about a decade ago I wrote that I hoped Ian would not keep us waiting. Well, he kept us waiting 10 years. But he and Myra can help try to keep each other cool in their new adjacent abodes.

Well whose next on the list of "deserving to leave planet Earth for good, and for the good of mankind"? Forgetting some deservedly choice specimens among the politically active (no names mentioned here), these people jump up:

1) Charlie Manson
                      2) Mark Chapman
                      3) David Berkowitz (yeah, I know he found religion in prison - so did Myra before she died, remember?).

Jeff
                      Finding religion doesn't absolve them, in my opinion, it might make them better people than they were, it may even change their final destination (depending on your beliefs and the genuiness of their "conversion") but what they did is still about as bad as it gets.

Now as for Chapman, his was (again my opinion) much different, in fact if he had killed Joe Bloggs rather than one of the most famous people of the 20th Century we probably wouldn't have heard his name.

But it was John so he can rot as far as I'm concerned.
                      G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                        Finding religion doesn't absolve them, in my opinion, it might make them better people than they were, it may even change their final destination (depending on your beliefs and the genuiness of their "conversion") but what they did is still about as bad as it gets.

Now as for Chapman, his was (again my opinion) much different, in fact if he had killed Joe Bloggs rather than one of the most famous people of the 20th Century we probably wouldn't have heard his name.

But it was John so he can rot as far as I'm concerned.
                        To have killed the gifted minstrel of our generation merits his inclusion. It still bothers me that he claimed he was influenced by Salinger's "The Catcher in the Rye", a novel that is well written, but that I had to read twice for different grades in school, and one I ended up disliking before Lennon was killed. I wonder what Chapman would have thought had J.D. Salinger been shot and killed by some literary critic of his work, who boasted that now he was fully as famous as Salinger, and it took him less time to get the same fame. Chapman (if he really meant it about the effect of that novel on him) might have been wondering about the meaning of life after such an event. But I keep suspecting the love of that book was just for effect.

Anyone in New Zealand or Australia you can think of as "worthy" to add to the three I chose, GUT?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                          To have killed the gifted minstrel of our generation merits his inclusion. It still bothers me that he claimed he was influenced by Salinger's "The Catcher in the Rye", a novel that is well written, but that I had to read twice for different grades in school, and one I ended up disliking before Lennon was killed. I wonder what Chapman would have thought had J.D. Salinger been shot and killed by some literary critic of his work, who boasted that now he was fully as famous as Salinger, and it took him less time to get the same fame. Chapman (if he really meant it about the effect of that novel on him) might have been wondering about the meaning of life after such an event. But I keep suspecting the love of that book was just for effect.

Anyone in New Zealand or Australia you can think of as "worthy" to add to the three I chose, GUT?

Martin Bryant.

Worst peace time mass killing, Port Arthur (which I love) in Tasmania.
                          G U T

Comment

I would have included Ivan Milan, but thank goodness, he's gone.
                            G U T

Comment

Fascinating article from a man who corresponded with Brady over a period of years: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39925965
                              - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                              X