View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 04:46 AM
Casebook Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
I´ll try my luck with the questions from yesterday again, still unanswered. Here you go, Gareth
Sorry, Fish, but I don't follow all your posts. Life's too short, my nerves and blood pressure are too bad, and I find that your tone sometimes makes it feel like my head's exploding. I wouldn't want people to think that I'm ducking your questions - it's simply that I deliberately don't read every post you make. To answer your questions in this specific instance:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman
1. Which is the likelier thing to you if a series of dismemberment murders is performed in a smallish geographical area over a period of a year or two - that three was one, two or numerous killers?
In the smallish geographical area that was South West London, I'd agree that there's a good possibility that the same perpetrator(s) was responsible. However, Pinchin Street was in the smallish geographical area of Whitechapel, quite far removed from Chelsea/Battersea, both in social and geographical terms. On that basis alone, never mind other factors, I'd say that it was more likely that the Pinchin Street case involved a different perpetrator(s).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman
2. If a forensic expert medico examined all the victims of this theoretical series of dismemberment murders and said that it is highly likely that the same man killed all of the victims in the series, on account of how the cutting technique and the mutilations are very similar within the series, why would we reason that he is likely to have been wrong, based on differences we know that he was fully aware of but didn´t see as any viable reason to alter his verdict?
Firstly, experts are not infallible, and even the best of them - as Hebbert assuredly was - are only offering opinions, and opinions are not facts. Secondly, there are only so many ways in which one can joint a piece of meat.

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Last edited by Sam Flynn : 04-16-2018 at 04:52 AM.
Quick reply to this message