theory for why Elizabeth Jackson should more closely considered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
    Rob, you deserve a medal for putting up with my bossy, divaness (?!)
    True, but it often bears fruit.

That's the one...not very catchy though is it?
    Probably why not many people are interested in them as they are JTR. I wonder if more people would be interested in them if there was a more interesting name? Was the 'Embankment Killer' another one? rings a bell.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
      True, but it often bears fruit.

Probably why not many people are interested in them as they are JTR. I wonder if more people would be interested in them if there was a more interesting name? Was the 'Embankment Killer' another one? rings a bell.

Rob
      Gosh, freindship is so overrarted!
      'Embankment Killer' is an APism I think...think.

Anyway, Pontius....your turn.

Comment

You've never bored me Debs.

This aspect of that period has been grossly ignored for such a long time. Infact you and Rob were there first who bought real light to it. I feel its an important topuc which should be addressed if only to bring an understanding to the situation throughout those years where women were being brutally murdered.

No, not bored at all. Captivated, as well as being educated.

For example, Rob and I have exchanged texts these past two nights (no, not those kind of texts) on Pennett, and Ive learnt a few things.

These 'non canonicals' hold as much interest as the series. Just that there isnt much reading one can do in mainstream works. Both you and Rob are helping to rectify that.

Tis important work you do, and benefits us all.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I agree! My only wish would be you put something in the examiner so we could have the relevant articles in one place. Since we all use casebook, the examiner seems like the choice to me. I am heavily in debt and cannot afford to play the jackass game of collecting written works scattered over hells half acre. Dave
          We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

How about "Dexter the Dissector"? Maybe not

Anyway, Jackson is an interesting unsolved case and if it wasn't JtR it doesn't really detract from that. The Encyclopedia of Unsolved Crimes lists Frances Coles as a murder separate from JtR and, if anything, that adds to the "stature" of the case I think.
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
              I agree! My only wish would be you put something in the examiner so we could have the relevant articles in one place. Since we all use casebook, the examiner seems like the choice to me. I am heavily in debt and cannot afford to play the jackass game of collecting written works scattered over hells half acre. Dave
              We all have our cross to bear, Dave
              Thing is, I think...and I could be diva-ishly deluded here though, that most of the info on EJ posted here on the bords, came from me or AP years ago.
              I have given freely over these years, and have no guilt on this to be honest.

Comment

Oh, no Ma'am I do not want you to feel guilty. I am thankful for your contributions, which id why I am lobbying for more of them. Please take no offense. Dave
                We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Rob, I just found the other name in the papers it was the 'West-end dissector'- mentioned in the Chronicle.

No worries, Dave. I'm more offended by being called Ma'am to be honest.

Neil, thanks for that. ... I knew Rob was moonlighting somewhere.

Comment

Hi Debs,
                    Well these articles will certainly be fascinating.I cant wait to read them---and ofcourse Debs---you are one of our star researchers ---way up there with the very best of them!
                    Btw I have recently come to the conclusion that the serial killer referred to as "Jack" may actually have been a multiple killer at the cutting edge of "multi-tasking" and dispensing with the old MO..........
                    Cheers ,
                    Norma

Comment

Rob, I just found the other name in the papers it was the 'West-end dissector'- mentioned in the Chronicle.

No worries, Dave. I'm more offended by being called Ma'am to be honest.

Neil, thanks for that. ... I knew Rob was moonlighting somewhere.
                      Thanks Debs, still not a catchy title

and Neil made me

Rob

Comment

Get back in the box Clack, who let you out?

Seriously folks, Debs and I have Rob on a timeshare basis. He is a lot cheaper tgat way.

Monty

PS Rob, Ive some images to mail to you, send em later mate.
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          Get back in the box Clack, who let you out?

Seriously folks, Debs and I have Rob on a timeshare basis. He is a lot cheaper tgat way.

Monty

PS Rob, Ive some images to mail to you, send em later mate.
                          You can get me on duty free as well.

Cheers, look forward to them.

Rob

Comment

I have always privately refered to our torso man as Jack the Hacker or Jack the Cutter. I never liked the Thames Torso murderer or Embankment Killer. Lol
                            Best regards,
                            Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Elizabeth Jackson, just Jack's type.

Mary Kelly was extraordinarily tall (5 ft 7 in) for the period. Men’s average height, at the outbreak of WW1, was 5 ft 6 in. She had reddish blonde hair, a fair complexion, and blue eyes. She was twenty-five years of age (approximately).
                              Elizabeth Jackson was tall. She stood 5 ft 5 in. She had sandy-blonde hair and a fair complexion. More than likely she had blue eyes. She was twenty-five years of age. Six months after the slaughter of Mary Kelly in her room at 13 Millers Court -November 1888, Elizabeth Jackson was murdered -early June 1889.
                              I think both women had an Irish connection.
                              Serial killers prey on types - Bundy obsessed about women with long dark hair. These women are so similar they could be sisters ..
                              I remember reading something about a Lizzie Fisher and drawers - a newspaper mistakenly called Mary Kelly, Fisher.
                              David Wilson Professor of Criminology:
                              'Connection, connection, connection. There is no such thing as coincidence when you are dealing with serial killers.'

Comment

Originally posted by Callmebill View Post
                                Bundy obsessed about women with long dark hair.
                                Actually, that's been contested of late, but I take your point.
                                These women are so similar they could be sisters.
                                Sadly, we don't know that, as we've no photographs of either woman in life, and we only have sketchy descriptions. What we do know is that Kelly was based in the East End and Jackson was based in the West, and they can't have been the only examples of tall, fair women in London, which was one of, if not the most heavily-populated city in the world at the time.

Besides, most of the Whitechapel Murder victims were neither tall, young nor fair, so there's not much of a pattern to go on.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                                X