Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think William Herbert Wallace was guilty?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case anyone is interested, this is the best price I have ever seen for this book since it went out of print.

Great deals on Books. Get cozy and expand your home library with a large online selection of books at eBay.com. Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Comment

• The first book in the Cold Case Jury series is published next week - my copies arrived today. The Wallace Case will be the second in the series - I'm writing it now. And I have to say - genuinely - I am no nearer in deciding which is the best theory.

The Green Bicycle Mystery is not a good as the Wallace case in terms of the evidence pointing one way and then the next - which case is? - but arguably it is one of the best stories in cannon of unsolved true crime. Set in England in 1919, it reads like a case from the Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes... what more do you need to know?
      Attached Files
      Author of Cold Case Jury books: Move To Murder (2nd Edition) (2021), The Shark Arm Mystery (2020), Poisoned at the Priory (2020), Move to Murder (2018), Death of an Actress (2018), The Green Bicycle Mystery (2017) - "Armchair detectives will be delighted" - Publishers Weekly. Author of Crime & Mystery Hour - short fictional crime stories. And for something completely different - I'm the co-founder of Wow-Vinyl - celebrating the Golden Years of the British Single (1977-85)

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCaseJury View Post
        The first book in the Cold Case Jury series is published next week - my copies arrived today. The Wallace Case will be the second in the series - I'm writing it now. And I have to say - genuinely - I am no nearer in deciding which is the best theory.

The Green Bicycle Mystery is not a good as the Wallace case in terms of the evidence pointing one way and then the next - which case is? - but arguably it is one of the best stories in cannon of unsolved true crime. Set in England in 1919, it reads like a case from the Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes... what more do you need to know?
        Hi CCJ,

Thanks for this, and ill definitely purchase the new Wallace book-will it be a revised edition from the electronic version or a completely new book? I also have your book, the Green Bicycle Mystery, on Kindle, and it, too, was a most enjoyable read.

By the way, would you consider writing a book about the Hammersmith Nude Murders, which must rank as one of the most fascinating unsolved serial killer cases?

I suppose a big problem is that the police files haven't been officially released. I've read the late David Seabrook's book, Jack of Jumps, which is highly informative, although frankly some of the language he used to describe the unfortunate victims was an absolute disgrace. However, I understand he was given access to the records by "mistake"after he apparently requested information on another case he was working on.
        Last edited by John G; 06-09-2017, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
          Hi CCJ,

Thanks for this, and ill definitely purchase the new Wallace book-will it be a revised edition from the electronic version or a completely new book? I also have your book, the Green Bicycle Mystery, on Kindle, and it, too, was a most enjoyable read.
          Hi John, thanks for your kind comments. All the books are updated, including The Green Bicycle Mystery, which includes updated text/arguments, a new chapter, new evidence documents, and new photographs, some of which have never been published before.

I now believe the complete story of the case has been told for the first time. And Mirror Books have done a great job in the production and layout. Worth checking out!
          Author of Cold Case Jury books: Move To Murder (2nd Edition) (2021), The Shark Arm Mystery (2020), Poisoned at the Priory (2020), Move to Murder (2018), Death of an Actress (2018), The Green Bicycle Mystery (2017) - "Armchair detectives will be delighted" - Publishers Weekly. Author of Crime & Mystery Hour - short fictional crime stories. And for something completely different - I'm the co-founder of Wow-Vinyl - celebrating the Golden Years of the British Single (1977-85)

Comment

• Official record of Wallace's appeal.

Comment

• BREAKING: I have now discovered forensic linguistic analysis which supports my deduction, published several years [2013] after I first identified the untruths in Parry's statement [2008].
              A New Publication Project The Institute for Linguistic Evidence, in support of its general membership TALE: The Association for Linguistic Evidence, launched new journal, with the first volume in December 2013. LESLI: Linguistic Evidence in Security, Law and Intelligence provides high-quality, peer-reviewed articles for the linguistic, security, legal and intelligence communities. LESLI is published by […]

Hopefully, the reference will appear in Antony's book.
              Last edited by RodCrosby; 06-29-2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
                BREAKING: I have now discovered forensic linguistic analysis which supports my deduction, published several years [2013] after I first identified the untruths in Parry's statement [2008].
                A New Publication Project The Institute for Linguistic Evidence, in support of its general membership TALE: The Association for Linguistic Evidence, launched new journal, with the first volume in December 2013. LESLI: Linguistic Evidence in Security, Law and Intelligence provides high-quality, peer-reviewed articles for the linguistic, security, legal and intelligence communities. LESLI is published by […]

Surely, you can't be serious?

Comment

• Perfectly serious, AS.

You will see that the relevant false parts of Parry's statement are in fact textbook examples of what are now known as "markers of deception" by linguistic forensic analysis practitioners.

a scholarly journal for linguists, law enforcement, security/intelligence analysts and attorneys

Comment

Perfectly serious, AS.

You will see that the relevant false parts of Parry's statement are in fact textbook examples of what are now known as "markers of deception" by linguistic forensic analysis practitioners.

http://www.lesli-journal.org/ojs/index.php/lesli
                    It's already been made obvious he did not fully tell the truth in his statement, particularly in regards to some of his movements on the 19th. There are multiple possibilities why this might be so that don't necessitate his guilt (or involvement) I'm sure you can think of all of them yourself. It is suspicious, but not in any way conclusive. We don't need modern pseudoscience to bolster this fact.

How does that fully support your "deduction"?

Comment

• In 2008, I was the first person in the world to suggest that part of Parry's statement about his movements on the murder night was probable lies, solely due to its linguistic quality.

I now have independent verification from peer-reviewed experts that I was correct in my analysis...

Comment

In 2008, I was the first person in the world to suggest that part of Parry's statement about his movements on the murder night was probable lies, solely due to its linguistic quality.

I now have independent verification from peer-reviewed experts that I was correct in my analysis...
                        You do not seem very humble. I think you have a personal stake in being right about everything, which makes me question your impartiality and willingness to consider facts that do not jibe with your "analysis."

Comment

• Staying positive and focused...

Liverpool had in the early 20th Century one of the most advanced and intensive tram systems in the world. Map from 1930...

Statistics from 1913 show 13 million miles travelled and 144 million passengers carried in that year alone.

Comment

• Some great films of the Liverpool trams, including some footage from the time of Wallace and Parry...

Reminiscent of a North American city - which should not be surprising, considering that so many of their aspects of architecture, infrastructure and transport had been pioneered in Liverpool, not least the prototype of the skyscraper in 1864...

Manchester School of Architecture Fieldtrip Film Year 3 2006-07

Liverpool in 1931 would have been a sight to behold:-
                            "Liverpool is the biggest port ... there was something to see from Dingle up to Bootle, and as far again as Birkenhead on the other side. Yellow water, bellowing steam ferries, white trans-atlantic liners, towers, cranes, stevedores, skiffs, shipyards, trains, smoke, chaos, hooting, ringing, hammering, puffing, the ruptured bellies of the ships, the stench of horses, the sweat, urine, and waste from all the continents of the world ... And if I heaped up words for another half an hour, I wouldn't achieve the full number, confusion and expanse which is called Liverpool..."
                            Karel Čapek, Letters from England, 1924
                            Last edited by RodCrosby; 07-01-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

BREAKING: I have now discovered forensic linguistic analysis which supports my deduction, published several years [2013] after I first identified the untruths in Parry's statement [2008].

However, this is an emerging discipline and not without controversy: see Littlejohn and Metha, 2012 https://www.academia.edu/3573524/The...?auto=download

Comment

In 2008, I was the first person in the world to suggest that part of Parry's statement about his movements on the murder night was probable lies, solely due to its linguistic quality.

But with respect, you're not a qualified expert in this emerging field, and I'm not sure why you argue that you have "independent verification" of your analysis, especially as no expert has actually reviewed your conclusions.

Thus, "The quality of evidence from this emerging field also depends considerably on the experience and knowledge of individual linguists involved in a given case." (Littlejohn and Metha, 2013, p94.)

Comment

Working...
                                X