No announcement yet.

The Limehouse Golem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being dead does tend to end participation in something. I assuming that he left sometime after his involvement was announced & when he died. so he didn't actually get involved at all.

The movie went ahead & is due out in the UK next month.

I always found Python very hit & miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Hayes View Post
      Much as anticipated,before clouded by Ripperologists.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Hayes View Post

Is this out yet? I can't find it on Lovefilm (yes I still use Lovefilm lol). The trailer looks good...

With only one very very small detail (forgive me I'm terrible for this sort of thing), but all the Bobbies collar number are P (Camberwell) and not K Division (Limehouse), that they should be. I suspect that it's the same costumes as used in the recent Sherlock Holmes films (as they all have P Division as well). Talking of Sherlock Holmes, I heard somewhere that there was going to be a Jack the Ripper one of them as well? Has anyone heard anything?

Comment

The film will be in UK cinemas on 1st September, apparently.

Comment

Yes, just seen a tv advert for this, in UK cinemas Sept 1st.
            Looks like the late Alan Rickman has been replaced by Bill Nighy

Comment

Has anybody watched this movie? I paused it at 1 minute and haven't been able to continue yet

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                Has anybody watched this movie? I paused it at 1 minute and haven't been able to continue yet
                Yeah, I watched it a few nights ago.

I quite enjoyed it.

Bill Nighy does his usual, but excellent, world weary schtick, and the supporting cast is excellent.

It is beautifully lit and photographed, and the twisty plot is satisfying.

I recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

I quite enjoyed it.

Bill Nighy does his usual, but excellent, world weary schtick, and the supporting cast is excellent.

I recommend it.
                  Thank you for the review, Barn. I spotted the title on our cable movie rentals recently, and wondered if it was worthwhile. Maybe we'll try it later this weekend.
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

I quite enjoyed it.

I recommend it.
                    I agree that Bill Nighy is a very fine actor. I read a review of the movie recently, I believe in the New York Times, in which the reviewer felt that as fine as Nighy is, the movie could be a whole lot more.
                    Christopher T. George
                    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
                      I agree that Bill Nighy is a very fine actor. I read a review of the movie recently, I believe in the New York Times, in which the reviewer felt that as fine as Nighy is, the movie could be a whole lot more.
                      Christopher,
                      Yeah the movie is good, but it does have the feel of being slightly undercooked.

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                        Finally got round to watching it earlier. It's ok I suppose but I wouldn't rave about it, but it's watchable I suppose.

Liked the sets, but was a bit disappointed that they hadn't given the bobbies the correct collar letter for Limehouse (K) and had gone for the standard (P) which seems to get used with alarming regularity. I know it's only a small point and a but nit picky, but attention to detail that niggles at me......

Comment

I haven’t heard anyone say that the movie is ‘outstanding’ or ‘terrible.’ Barn’s description seems to be the overall view - ‘slightly undercooked.’ I still haven’t seen it.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                            I haven’t heard anyone say that the movie is ‘outstanding’ or ‘terrible.’ Barn’s description seems to be the overall view - ‘slightly undercooked.’ I still haven’t seen it.
                            It's alright, certainly worth watching. But I wouldn't rush out to buy it.

Comment

Working...
                            X