View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J. G. View Post
A person's handwriting style tends to change from time to time, my own has done several times over the years.

One thing a person's handwriting style does not do is completely change in terms of detail which are plainly evident to experts who are paid to analyse such things.

If May wrote the diary, there will be evidence for it in his hand, and last I checked, it didn't match. Seems like a simple experiment, have someone professional check it, have they? Will they?

The jury is out.
Yes Mike, I agree, a person's handwriting can and often does change with time, but the difference in styles which I believe is evident in the Diary could not be accounted for in such a way, assuming that the Diary was written in a relatively short space of time.

There is no way, IMHO, that any of the handwriting in the Diary can be matched with the handwriting in the SS Baltic letter. The writing in Maybrick's will is still a bone of contention, as there are those who believe that someone else wrote it at Maybrick's dictation when he was on his death-bed.

Graham