Server Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Problems

The servers that host the Casebook forums are currently experiencing "hardware problems". This problem is with the company and the machines that house the Casebook, and not with Casebook software itself, so the fix is out of our control.

There may be periodic outages as they attempt to fix the problem. We are letting you know so that should you come here and the forums are down, you are aware of the situation and know that they will be back up shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Bumping

Comment

Are the servers down a lot at the moment, or is it me?

Comment

For a little while now I haven't been able to access Casebook on my Mac.
        It says server not found.
        dustymiller
        aka drstrange

Comment

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We don't use Macs, so don't necessarily see when problems arise. We will look into it and get back to you.

Comment

For what it's worth, I only use Macs and have never had a problem.

JM

Comment

That's interesting, here at work (PC) I have no problems, but at home about a week or so ago, I've been unable to get Casebook. What O/S are you on? I'm suspecting it's rthe latest update that might be the problem.
              dustymiller
              aka drstrange

Comment

I use Yosemite 10.10.1 on a Macbook and iMac. There is a discussion thread that may have to do with your problem.

If your using Safari or Firefox, I suggest trying another browser like Chrome or Maxthon and see if you still have the issue. Also, maybe rebooting your modem and cleaning out your safari cache may help.

JM

Comment

Thanks that looks like the problem.
                  dustymiller
                  aka drstrange

Comment

I have windows XP and run FF, not the newest version. Cleared cache, still happening. I'll try another browser, but it seems people are having this same issue on several browsers and OS's? Anyway I'll try.

If I hit "try again" repeatedly, I eventually can connect to the site somewhat sporadically. DNS issues? I'm just poking it with the guess-stick, no idea, really. Doesn't happen with any other site.
                    Last edited by Ausgirl; 12-01-2014, 07:23 PM. Reason: problem also seems to be preventing me from being able to correctly type the word "it" :s

Comment

Hi Ausgirl (and anyone having problems like this):

Can you do me a favor and let me know what your DNS Server(s) are? To do this in Windows:

Click on Start button > Run > and Type command cmd > Press [enter] key
                      At DOS prompt type the command:
                      C:\>ipconfig /all

The online line(s) I need to now are the ones that say "DNS Servers". It will look something like this:

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8

I do think its intermittent DNS issues that is causing this, but as far as I can tell our server is performing at 100%.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by spryder View Post
                        The online line(s) I need to now are the ones that say "DNS Servers". It will look something like this:

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8

I can currently see forum.casebook.org through proxify.com, but not otherwise.

Comment

Hi Chris -

Could you possibly run this (also through your command prompt) while NOT using proxify.com:

nslookup casebook.org

... and let me know what the full output says?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by spryder View Post
                            Hi Chris -

Could you possibly run this (also through your command prompt) while NOT using proxify.com:

nslookup casebook.org

... and let me know what the full output says?

Thanks!
                            Server: routerlogin.net
                            Address: 192.168.0.1:53

Non-authoritative answer:
                            Name: casebook.org
                            Address: 64.50.164.126

Comment

Weird... so, your DNS is finding the correct ip address, but even still, you can't pull up the casebook.org site? Or is it just forum.casebook.org?

If any of our sites are down for you now on your current configuration, what happens when you go to http://64.50.164.126 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X