Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Evidence in D.B. Cooper Case

c.d.

Interesting development about the traces of the rare elements in the tie. But I wonder how far this can actually go at this point. It's been forty six years this year - how many people are still around from the time of those industrial plants, and what are the chances that any might suddenly recall the odd behavior or disappearance of some hitherto unnoticed person from that time?

Jeff

Comment

I saw this discovery mentioned on a recent episode of "Expedition Unknown", a program on History Channel hosted by Josh Gates. It was looking at new research and theories in the D. B. Cooper case.

Probably all the link to CRT manufacture does is narrow the culprit's occupation down. And the discovery that "Dan Cooper" is a comic book character in a French-language comic popular in Canada may provide a clue to his nationality.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
        Interesting development about the traces of the rare elements in the tie. But I wonder how far this can actually go at this point. It's been forty six years this year - how many people are still around from the time of those industrial plants, and what are the chances that any might suddenly recall the odd behavior or disappearance of some hitherto unnoticed person from that time?

Jeff
        Employment records may still be around, family members might be identified.

Comment

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
          Employment records may still be around, family members might be identified.
          That well known drawing of the face of "Cooper" wearing sunglasses and partly covered, with the non covered drawing, have been around since the 1970s. But nobody seems to have openly said it looks like some missing engineer in an aerospace company.

When "Son-of-Sam" operated in New York City a few years after "Cooper's" leap from the plane, several identikit drawings circulated (none of which looked like Berkowitz, by the way). I was troubled by one - it looked like somebody I knew at college. When they arrested Berkowitz I decided my imagination had been too active.

Jeff

Comment

As curious as I am to see any mystery solved, part of me hopes that his identity is never discovered. I know that he took a planeload of passengers hostage, but there's a 'lovable rogue' quality about DB Cooper. He probably didn't survive the jump, but if he's still alive I'd like to think he's living it up on some tropical island somewhere!

Comment

I think you'll find a lady who loves Milk Tray is at the bottom of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                As curious as I am to see any mystery solved, part of me hopes that his identity is never discovered. I know that he took a planeload of passengers hostage, but there's a 'lovable rogue' quality about DB Cooper. He probably didn't survive the jump, but if he's still alive I'd like to think he's living it up on some tropical island somewhere!
                I know exactly what you mean. Sort of enjoy his planning and the elan of that probably doomed exit from the plane. Maybe if he is alive having mai tais or cocktales on that paradise island, he invites his neighbors, the three missing Alcatraz prisoners over.

Jeff

Comment

It's a bit like James Mason at the end of "The Prisoner of Zenda."

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    I think you'll find a lady who loves Milk Tray is at the bottom of it.
                    what? no comprende.
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Abby, years ago Cadbury's ran a series of ads for their chocolates, always featuring some death-defying stunt resulting in the chocolates' successful delivery :

Comment

Abby, years ago Cadbury's ran a series of ads for their chocolates, always featuring some death-defying stunt resulting in the chocolates' successful delivery :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1pg1zpNgB0
                        LOL.-thanks

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

fascinating case-at first I just assumed he died during the fall and was never recovered and the cash that was found on the riverbank was a result.

but now I'm not so sure. wouldn't have someone, anyone made the link around the time, it being extremely famous and publicized case with the missing person?

I now lean toward that he survived. if you look at the subsequent similar hijackings with parachute escape-they all survived (and there were a lot) but only to be caught later.

Plus there seems to be a lot of viable suspects. not sure how accurate the fingerprints/dna is so perhaps they've incorrectly ruled out people.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

From what I can make out he took the 'bomb' with him when he jumped. So I can only imagine that it wasn't a working bomb.

Comment

From what I can make out he took the 'bomb' with him when he jumped. So I can only imagine that it wasn't a working bomb.
                              yup-he probably just tossed it before he jumped.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                              X