Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Elamarna;384074]
    Pierre

Whitehall victim? Yes despite the attempts by yourself and Fisherman, amongst others, there is no probably link yet established, possible, I will of course grant, but no more at present.

In addition the proximity of the site at Whitehall, does not help with getting the body onto the site, into the cellar/basement area where it was found.
    I agree. And isnīt it amazing that someone would have gone through all the problems with placing it inside the new Scotland Yard building? Do you think it was important for him to do so?

It may help with getting to the site, however that is debatable, a Torso is a large form, and weighs a considerable weight, transport of some form would probably still be need, in which case distance from the scene of crime to disposal is of less importance.
    Yes, but one could hypothesize that Whitehall was not the only place of interest in the area.

I assume you are claiming a link in a data source to, if not 9 king William street , at least to the street itself?

Steve
    Well, history must be based on sources.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
      Equal or greater than what?

Regards, Pierre
      Bad choice of words. Forgot who I was speaking to. The sources point to other suspects without using any metaphors. You only hypothesize your suspect lived in King William Street. Other than the news clip that shows an address in 1888 on King William Street that "lets" to gentleman, how do you know your suspect lived there? You say the sources point to it, but you need direct proof Pierre, that he actually lived there. Your fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.

Comment

I agree. And isnīt it amazing that someone would have gone through all the problems with placing it inside the new Scotland Yard building? Do you think it was important for him to do so?
        Honestly we cannot know the answer to that.
        What we do know from sources is that it was a building site, possibly a good place to dispose of a body, it is possible it may have never been found. It was certainly in place for a number of weeks before discovery.
        Given that a body was disposed there, security was probably not that strong.

It may not have been important to him as such, but was a good place to hide a body, and lets be honest that torso was at least partially hidden.

You have previously argued that the killer wanted to display the bodies of his victim, well this is not displayed is it?

It could have been left outside the site, displayed for all!

It could have been left in a prominent position on the site, displayed for a select few!

It was however placed in a cellar, Hidden from sight!

Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Yes, but one could hypothesize that Whitehall was not the only place of interest in the area.

Does that actually mean anything? If you insist on such cryptic replies may I respectfully ask you restrain yourself in instances like this, better and less annoying to just say nothing.

Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Well, history must be based on sources.

Regards, Pierre

I notice you have changed that has I was about to reply.

The original was much more interesting, it suggested a No, this suggests Yes.

I would suggest nothing which specifically links, of course may be wrong, only you know.

Steve
        Last edited by Elamarna; 06-10-2016, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Many have suggested that someone who lives in a workhouse couldn't be the killer because there is a certain time when residents had to be in, but what about workhouse residents who worked the graveyard shift? It seems to me that Jack was nocturnal so does it follow he worked a night job?

Comment

• Well, he might have been. Back on the trail of a night soil man, Rocky!
            However, if he was nocturnal/worked a night shift somewhere, unless he worked alone, surely workmates would have noticed him slithering off for a half an hour or so (after all he had to pick the women up, con them into thinking he was safe, buy grapes perhaps, on one occasion, and then get to and from his workplace, etc, etc.)

Fellow workmates on graveyard shifts would have had to have been pretty stupid not notice him going off, especially with dead bodies being found all over the place within hours? I tend to think he had a daytime job, long hours perhaps, but little need for sleep when he had the compulsion to kill.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Elamarna;384087]
              Honestly we cannot know the answer to that.
              What we do know from sources is that it was a building site, possibly a good place to dispose of a body, it is possible it may have never been found. It was certainly in place for a number of weeks before discovery.
              "[Coroner]Did you form any opinion as to how long the parcel had been where it was found? - From the stain on the wall I certainly thought several days, but the witness Edge told me he was sure it was not there on the previous Saturday.

[Coroner]Edge being recalled repeated his assertion that the remains were not in the vault on the Saturday, as they were discovered in the very place where he looked for the hammer.

The Coroner: Do you think it possible that the parcel was there without your seeing it? - I am sure it was not there."

http://www.casebook.org/official_doc...whitehall.html

Given that a body was disposed there, security was probably not that strong.

It may not have been important to him as such, but was a good place to hide a body, and lets be honest that torso was at least partially hidden.
              "...Mr. Cheney, told me there was a parcel there, and I was to examine it. I looked at it, and found that the top was bare, and the rest wrapped in some old cloth, but could make nothing of it. I thought it was some old bacon at first. I took hold of the strings around it, and dragged it into the light and cut the strings, three or four in number. On opening the old wrappers I saw that the parcel contained part of a human body." (ibid.)

You have previously argued that the killer wanted to display the bodies of his victim, well this is not displayed is it?

It could have been left outside the site, displayed for all!

It could have been left in a prominent position on the site, displayed for a select few!

It was however placed in a cellar, Hidden from sight!
              The C-5 shows another MO than the dismemberment cases. Some killers have a variance in their MO:s.

Does that actually mean anything? If you insist on such cryptic replies may I respectfully ask you restrain yourself in instances like this, better and less annoying to just say nothing.
              The points are that it was 1) placed in the new police building 2) in the time period including the double event.

Regards, Pierre
              Last edited by Pierre; 06-11-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Double posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                  Well, he might have been. Back on the trail of a night soil man, Rocky!
                  However, if he was nocturnal/worked a night shift somewhere, unless he worked alone, surely workmates would have noticed him slithering off for a half an hour or so (after all he had to pick the women up, con them into thinking he was safe, buy grapes perhaps, on one occasion, and then get to and from his workplace, etc, etc.)

Fellow workmates on graveyard shifts would have had to have been pretty stupid not notice him going off, especially with dead bodies being found all over the place within hours? I tend to think he had a daytime job, long hours perhaps, but little need for sleep when he had the compulsion to kill.
                  Well I was figuring he only killed on nights he wasn't working, just that his body was on the nocturnal schedule. If he worked a day job, he'd have to stay up all night long to commit the murders

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                    Well I was figuring he only killed on nights he wasn't working, just that his body was on the nocturnal schedule. If he worked a day job, he'd have to stay up all night long to commit the murders
                    Or maybe he could do whatever he wanted with his time.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

"[Coroner]Did you form any opinion as to how long the parcel had been where it was found? - From the stain on the wall I certainly thought several days, but the witness Edge told me he was sure it was not there on the previous Saturday.

[Coroner]Edge being recalled repeated his assertion that the remains were not in the vault on the Saturday, as they were discovered in the very place where he looked for the hammer.

The Coroner: Do you think it possible that the parcel was there without your seeing it? - I am sure it was not there."
                      Interesting Pierre, but you are somewhat selective in what you quote..

However it seemed prudent to look at all that was said.

And in doing so it has become apparent there are some major questions that appear not have been asked, and an inconsistency in the testimony of more than one witness.

To be fair I am going to start a new thread on this, given that it will go way off topic.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                        Interesting Pierre, but you are somewhat selective in what you quote..

However it seemed prudent to look at all that was said.

And in doing so it has become apparent there are some major questions that appear not have been asked, and an inconsistency in the testimony of more than one witness.

To be fair I am going to start a new thread on this, given that it will go way off topic.

Steve
                        Hi Steve,

A good idea. Thanks!

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Or maybe he could do whatever he wanted with his time.

Regards, Pierre
                          Yea maybe but someone who doesn't work with those knife skills seems strange.

Comment

• Jack the Ripper probably lived locally, although I wouldn't rule out the killer living outside White chapel and venturing in to commit murders and gliding out again.

If he was to live in Whitechapel it would most likely be one of the lodging houses or in small, crowded tenements. He may even have lived with a couple of people such as friends/family or he may have lived on the streets a few days and then in temporary accommodation.

If he lived outside Whitechapel then it is likely he would have lived in a town/village/suburb with close links to the railway into London and made his way in through trains. I think it likely he may have lived in the inner suburbs of London if not in Whitechapel.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                              Yea maybe but someone who doesn't work with those knife skills seems strange.
                              HI,

I donīt think so. The vast majority of serial-killers in the world using knives probably were not butchers or anything like that.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

HI,

I donīt think so. The vast majority of serial-killers in the world using knives probably were not butchers or anything like that.
                                Is this 'just' because it does not fit with your theory it was a copper?

How many serial killers were able to remove organs without damaging other organs and do this comparatively quickly in low light conditions? Surely Jack had a certain amount of knife skills and anatomical knowledge... just my opinion that is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X