Blotchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello Dave. Well, it depends upon the ditty. I cannot find a decent version of "On the Banks of Allan Water."
    ON THE BANKS OF ALLAN WATERHughes Macklin and David Brazell 1914Edison Blue Amberol: 23156 British series

Originally posted by Errata View Post
    ... If uncorroborated statements are fiction because they are uncorroborated, then you are accusing any number of crime victims of being liars or mad. ...
    I do not mean that all uncorroborated statements are fiction (although I do not believe Mary Cox's vision to be true), Errata, only that as stand-alone claims, which having been investigated produce no corroboration, they are useless.

Comment

• article

Hello Heinrich. Thanks for the music.

Did you have a go at "The Echo" article?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Hello Heinrich. Thanks for the music.
        You're welcome, Lynn. I do not know if you consider it up to standard but is is genuinely old.
        You might like this instrumental version, which Mary Kelly might or might not have been singing on the night of her murder but which makes me think of her and feel sad about her awful fate. Dear Mary will never be forgotten:

My other Folk Song Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SannytendillaMy Traditional Folk Songs Blog: http://filipinofolksongsatbp.blogspot.comFor Christian S...

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Did you have a go at "The Echo" article?
        I did indeed and was struck by the opening sentence: "The statement that the man who accompanied Kelly home was carrying a pot of beer is considered somewhat extraordinary." I'll say. LOL Like the man himself there was no trace of it ever again. I noted also the sentence, "As far as inquiries have gone, no man answering the description given by Cox entered any tavern in the immediate neighbourhood and took away beer." You already know by now how much of a red herring I consider Blotchy Carroty to be.
        Last edited by Heinrich; 03-18-2012, 06:09 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• refreshments

Hello Heinrich. Thanks. Yes, I feel I know your views here.

I wonder if the "extraordinary" had to do with a suspect for murder bringing refreshments with him? These items (violent murder and refreshments) almost NEVER go together. One exception might be in the LaBianca murders when Watson and some of his accomplices lingered after the two brutal murders and prepared a meal for themselves.

If BM existed, he most likely was NOT her assailant.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• Pot

That's an interesting take, Lynn.

I observe that the Echo (along with the rest of the world at the time apparently) states that there is no reason to doubt Cox's testimony.

So the 'extraordinary' nature of the reported incident must refer to something other than Cox's imaginary mendacity I guess.

More interesting is the information about pot boys coming to collect the pots in the morning. If the pot had been Kelly's and left outside the door then it's hardly surprising that it was never discovered.

Anything could have happened to it in the interim. It could have been moved - perhaps by one of those stray dogs frequenting Whitechapel that were found dead at the scene ( ) or just kicked over by anybody passing, for example.

If pots were collected in the morning there may have been no way of telling which one was Kelly's if the practice was common.

And as we've established, people don't tend to come forward on a maybe.

Comment

• suggestions

Hello Sally. Two other possibilities:

1. the potboy did not recall--a pot is a pot; a house is a house.

2. potboys had high attrition rates.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Hello Sally. Two other possibilities:

1. the potboy did not recall--a pot is a pot; a house is a house.

2. potboys had high attrition rates.

Cheers.
                LC
                Yes, exactly Lynn

Comment

• I'm wondering if the pot was in the room when the kettle spout melted - if so, the pot might have called the kettle black.

Comment

• Hardly Robert.
                    If the pot was in the room, it would have used more tact. The kettle would have been coloured, not black.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Careful

Any more pot and the drug squad'll be on to us!

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                        Any more pot and the drug squad'll be on to us!

Dave
                        Ironically he was most likely than all to be Jtr. LOL
                        "Is all that we see or seem
                        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          Ironically he was most likely than all to be Jtr. LOL
                          I think so.

I don't go with the idea that he wouldn't have been able to control himself as soon as in the room.

Quite clearly, he was able to control himself to an extent, which is why he probably wasn't caught.

If blotchy were JTR then he was aware of people coming and going at that time, just as Cox was aware of him. Would make sense to wait until around half one/twoish - as he usually did.

Comment

• Clearly Blotchy took the pot back (per the Druid's example I gave of Brighton) or at least away else it would've been found at the scene (where does this roaming potboy thing come from?) ... this to me militates against his being the murderer...I think he was long gone ere killing time...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Suitable receptacle to carry away a heart though, doncha think?

I just don't see a drunk committing this crime...

Jon S.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Me neither Jon

All the best

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X