• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Hi David,

Thanks.

I knew you'd pick up on that.
    Yet you prefaced your proposed amendment with the words "To stop your yapper...".

That's how to smell a rat Simon.

Comment

Hi David,

But you took the bait anyway.

Regards,

Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

were mr quinn and agent lowe arriving from london, or were they already in paris?

i'll append these later, but my 3 biggest oversights in this thread were:
        1. the church that denies Pigott's burial
        2. a sponge collecting the blood from the bullet wound
        and, 3. Agent Lowe was a French interpreter.
        there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
          were mr quinn and agent lowe arriving from london, or were they already in paris?
          They left London in the evening of 2 March, arriving in Madrid during the morning of 5 March.

Comment

Hi All,

Bradshaw's Continental Rail Guide 1888 -

London-Paris. Paris to Madrid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BRADSHAW CONTINENTAL RAIL GUIDE 1888.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	667111

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Very good, Simon, so you've proved that Quinn and Lowe couldn't have travelled on the public passenger railway from London to Madrid within the timescale set out on in my previous post have you? (I don't know because I haven't bothered to read the timetable).

It would be a great point were it not for the fact that Quinn and Lowe did not travel on the public passenger railway to Madrid.

You would know this had you carefully read one of what you describe as my "rambling diatribes". As I mention in the Suckered! Quadrilogy part 3, Leigh Pemberton of the Home Office wrote to the Foreign Office on 2 March 1889 saying:

'Inspector Patrick Quinn of the Criminal Investigation Department accompanied by another officer will start for Madrid by to-night's mail ...'

They went on the mail train, Simon, so they could make the journey in the quickest possible time.

But, hey, that information comes from official and confidential internal government correspondence that I discovered buried in the Foreign Office files so you will no doubt ignore it on the basis that the Home Office was lying to the Foreign Office and continue with your barmy conspiracy theories.

Comment

Hi David,

I posted Pigott's itinerary.

You really are an arsehole.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

3 March 1889

Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                  La Epoca, 7 March 1889
                  Le Matin of Paris reports that the English police were informed of the arrival of Richard Pigott in Madrid by a telegram received on Thursday in London by Mr. Shannon, which read:
                  "A favor requested of S… send me what you have promised me; write to Roland Ponsonby, Hotel de Embajadores, Madrid."
                  Mr. Shannon wrote denying that he had made Pigott any promises of money, while the police telegraphed the S.M.B. Ambassador[Spain] where the famous Irishman could be found.

Le Matin
                  LONDON, 3 March - This is how the English police learned that Pigott was in Madrid.
                  Thursday In the afternoon, Mr. Shannon received the following telegram
                  "Please ask M. S... to send me what you promised me, and write to Roland Ponsonby, the Hotel des Ambassadeurs, Madrid."
                  Mr. Soames immediately informed the police, and while Mr. Shannon, who was leaving that same evening for Ireland, wrote a letter in which he asserted that no promise of money had ever been made, the police telegraphed to the English ambassador at Madrid, to inform him that the traveler of the Hotel des Ambassadeurs was indeed Pigott.
                  Attached Files
                  there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

Hi David,

I posted Pigott's itinerary.

You really are an arsehole.
                    You want to calm down, Simon, it can't be good for your blood pressure.

This isn't the first time you've posted an image with no explanation at all. If you do such things then what do you expect?

I am not a mind reader. I told you I didn't read the timetable. But if it is supposed to relate to Pigott's journey, I literally have no idea why you posted a timetable showing a journey from London to Madrid directly after my post about Quinn and Lowe travelling from London to Madrid.

Perhaps you can explain what your purpose was in posting Pigott's itinerary. What is it supposed to show?

Comment

Hi David,

I am as calm as Nembutal.

It's you who is the jumpy bunny.

All you had to do was ask politely.

This may come as a surprise, but I posted it so people could see the route Pigott took from London to Madrid and the times of the two rail journeys.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi David,

I am as calm as Nembutal.

It's you who is the jumpy bunny.

All you had to do was ask politely.
                        You say you're calm but for some reason you got so agitated you broke the forum rules on abuse. I wouldn't want you be suspended.

And, Simon, I've given up asking you anything politely because it takes at least five attempts to get you to answer any question so, rather than jump through these ridiculous hoops that you like to make me jump through, I prefer to just draw my own conclusions about your posts and that seems to do the trick to get you to actually respond and say something.

This may come as a surprise, but I posted it so people could see the route Pigott took from London to Madrid and the times of the two rail journeys.
                        Yes it does come as a surprise in the context of the discussion. Clearly you were trying to show the itinerary of Quinn and Lowe, thinking they took the public passenger railway, even if they would have made it in time for 5 March, but now you can't admit this because it would show that you weren't aware they caught the mail train.

It's very easy to work out.

Comment

Hi David,

I don't care if I do get suspended. It would spare me from your accusatory and frankly insulting posts. Yes, you really are an arsehole.

And I don't give a tinker's cuss if Quinn and Lowe took the milk train via Aachen to Madrid.

I posted Piggot's rail itinerary.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

And I don't give a tinker's cuss if Quinn and Lowe took the milk train via Aachen to Madrid.

I posted Piggot's rail itinerary.
                            Yes I know it was Pigott's rail itinerary originally but you posted it because you thought Quinn and Lowe took the same route.

Otherwise your reason for posting it directly after my post about Quinn and Lowe leaving London for Madrid is wholly irrational.

And, like I say, if you're getting stressed out and angry, as you seem to be, throwing around childish insults, it's all your own fault for posting images without any form of explanation.

Comment

Hi David,

Please stop telling me my reasons and motives.

Not that I care, but you're making yourself look foolish.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi David,

Please stop telling me my reasons and motives.

Not that I care, but you're making yourself look foolish.
                                Hardly Simon - you see the problem is that you didn't explain why you posted the timetable so you can't make me "look foolish" because my own explanation is perfectly plausible.

Maybe this is a lesson to you, in future, to explain yourself better at the outset.

Comment

Working...
                                X