Rip Don Souden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip Don Souden

I'm sorry to have to report that our good friend Don Souden passed away today, July 30, 2017.

Don's sister called me a few hours ago with the news. She was crying so hard she could barely talk. Apparently Don had a fever yesterday that spiked in the evening.

When the nursing staff went into Don's room this morning they found him unresponsive. They immediately started CPR but he was already gone.

I'm not up to saying much right now; just wanted to let you all know.

Archaic

Sad news indeed. Don was a great guy and great company. Sincere condolences to his sister and all those close to him.

RIP, Supe.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

This is gutting news. RIP Supe.

Comment

Very sad news. Never had the pleasure to speak with Don but he was obviously well-liked and well-respected by members of the Ripper fraternity. Thoughts go out to his loved ones at this time.

Comment

Donate In Don's Memory

Hi Sam and Robert.

I just waned to add, that maybe we could all do a good deed or make a donation to a worthy cause in Don's name.
          Maybe the National Stroke Association would be a good choice. It was a stroke in 4 years ago that landed Don in a nursing home and left him partially paralyzed so he lost the ability to use the internet and stay in touch with his many friends and interests.

US National Stroke Association: www.stroke.org

Don also loved Historic Preservation.

Or give to a local shelter for people or animals... let's all just do something good in Don's name.

Thanks,
          Bunny

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and to his family.

Let all Oz be agreed;
            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Sad news.

One of the Old Guard.

My thoughts to his family and friends.

Monty
              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Rest easy Supe. Say hi to the Babe for me.
                Best Wishes,
                Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                  I'm sorry to have to report that our good friend Don Souden passed away today, July 30, 2017.

Don's sister called me a few hours ago with the news. She was crying so hard she could barely talk. Apparently Don had a fever yesterday that spiked in the evening.

When the nursing staff went into Don's room this morning they found him unresponsive. They immediately started CPR but he was already gone.

I'm not up to saying much right now; just wanted to let you all know.

Archaic
                  Such sad news, at least Don is at peace, after his last few years of pain.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Very, very sad news. A friend and colleague and excllent student of the Ripper who I have greatly missed. It would be nice if we could remember him in a more permanent way, a collection of essays in his name perhaps. My condolances to his family and friends, and thank you Archaic for being Don's good friend and keeping everyone here posted over the years.

Comment

That is an excellent idea, Paul. The first thing that struck me about Don in his essays and comments on the boards was his analytical approach to a topic, based on a compilation of research without any preconceived notions...a rarity in this field I must say.
                      Best Wishes,
                      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Sorry to hear this, my condolences to his family, friends, and all here on Casebook who knew him far better than I did.
                        I hope a book of his writings is put out.
                        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                        ---------------
                        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                        ---------------

Comment

So sorry to hear this, such a loss, my condolences to Don's family.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I found about this last night (Europe time) by notification from a subscribed thread Cris Malone posted in on the other site.

I'm so terribly sorry and sad!

Don was a great editor. A collection of essays in his honor is the right thing to do, I'd say.
                            Best regards,
                            Maria

Comment

Such sad news. Don was a great guy with a great mind. I enjoyed the time I was able to spend working with him.

Caz
                              X
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                              X