No announcement yet.

The Long Island Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This case is really, really starting to remind me of Jennings, Louisiana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Defective Detective View Post
      This case is really, really starting to remind me of Jennings, Louisiana.
      Yea i thought in Jennings the victims all knew each other and were part of a small community though. But while i'm not too familiar with the case i do remember a lot of talk of police cover up or involvement.

Comment

• Anyone here research this case anymore? There is a very interesting post back in this thread (I think or the other one) where someone states they saw a mobile forensics lab set up along OP back in 2004. The LI serial killer has been active since 1996, and though the police denied it for years, the knew a serial killer was at work. But what led them to search OP in 2004 I wonder?

Comment

• TV docuseries aired about the Long Island Serial Killer in November 2016

Filmmaker Joshua Zeman wanted nothing to do with another serial killer case after finishing his 2009 documentary “Cropsey,” about the kidnapping of five children on Staten Island. But when the bodi…
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
            TV docuseries aired about the Long Island Serial Killer in November 2016

http://nypost.com/2016/11/05/new-sho...sland-murders/
            Dang!! missed it
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Yea the killing season you can watch it on A&E...

Comment

• Nobody follows this case...? I think it's very similar to a modern day Ripper/Torso scenario

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                  Nobody follows this case...? I think it's very similar to a modern day Ripper/Torso scenario
                  Has there been anything to follow recently?

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
                    Has there been anything to follow recently?
                    Not really I guess but I am tuned into the grapevine. The key is going back and looking at old unsolved murders. I've found so many that appear to be connected and all point to a certain part of Brooklyn where the killer hunts and kills. I focus on the torso killer, and I strongly believe the torso cases and the g4 are related

Comment

• I haven't followed the case much, but this was in the news today.

The lawyer for the family of a prostitute whose body was found near a suspected serial killer's dumping ground claimed Thursday that a disgraced former New York police chief regularly hired women for sex in a home near the scene.

Comment

• Yes indeed my friend! But even more shocking is the revelation that Peaches, the torso found in 1997, is actually the Toddler's Mother! LE managed to hide the information that they had a DNA match between Peaches and the Mother, who was always described as a separate individual. They hid this info for 5 mother****ing years! Pretty crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post

1. The Tattoo Artist

In 1997 on Long Island a young woman was found dismembered in a suitcase. The police had no leads but when they published a photo of the "Peaches" a Connecticut tattoo artist came forward with information. He said he gave the girl a tattoo, she was a young girl with her aunt visiting from long island who said she was having boyfriend trouble. Now this sure sounds like a bullshit story to me! Many of the victims have tattoos and when the killer called John Terry over 30 times he talked about the tattoos Terry had on his back. So here you have a tattoo artist who inserted himself into the investigation.
                          I posted about this a few years ago, the crazy thing is, the Tattoo artist now claims he got a call from Peaches mother who said she wanted a tattoo by the same artist for Peaches son, who was grown up now. Now the revelation and this story is even more bizarre!

Comment

• it's crazy how often incorrect myths are repeated with this case by those who are too lazy to look at the sources themselves. For instance, you will hear very often that the girls were "convinced" to leave their cell phones when going on a date with the last john before they disappeared. this is just an outright lie.

Another one is that they were found in burlap sacks...wrong. Only two of the 4 gilgo girls were found in burlap according to the original news reports. So other two were likely wrapped in garbage bags, like the dismembered remains along OP

Comment

• has there been anything lately on the still active case? appears the LISK has gone quiet?

also. I noticed something about the timeline. Shannon Gilbert went missing before the last two IDed victims-she is in between the first two and last two(of the four who were originally found and found near each other).

so if she is a victim of the LISK, the Lisk went on to shortly kill two more victims, dump them by the first two, eventhough SG brought on all the heat.

and even if she wasn't a victim of the LISK, he still went on to kill and dump two more victims in the same place!?! while the search for her was going on?
                              incredibly risky, no? or am I missing something.

what can this tell us about whether she was a victim or not..or about the killer?
                              "Is all that we see or seem
                              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                                has there been anything lately on the still active case? appears the LISK has gone quiet?
                                New Story dated Jan. 17, 2020 by Minyvonne Burke for NBC News.

Evidence revealed in serial killer case nearly decade after 11 bodies found https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...cid=spartandhp

Comment

Working...
                                X