Buried in Time - a new Ripper novel out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buried in Time - a new Ripper novel out now

With thanks to the good people at Ripper Casebook for their diligent research and debate, I've managed to publish my one and only Ripper novel.

BURIED IN TIME is a spin-off from Touchstone, my series of time travel historical adventures, and is set in July, 1888.

Two months before Jack the Ripper’s Whitechapel murders begin, a killer stalks the streets of Victorian Birmingham, the heart of England’s industrial revolution.

The fact that William Bury, Arthur Conan Doyle, Catherine Eddowes and Tom Conway all lived and worked in the city of Birmingham at one time or another has inspired the fantasy of these pages. That fantasy emerged from two simple, irresistible questions: what if they all crossed paths in Birmingham in July 1888, just two months before the Whitechapel murders began? And what if they crossed paths with a character from my Touchstone time travel universe?

LENGTH: 73,000 words / 330 pages

Available in ebook and paperback at: http://myBook.to/buriedintime
    Last edited by Andy Conway; 01-31-2015, 08:39 AM.

Good luck..

Good Luck Andy,

The description of your novel sounds as though it will offer some light relief from the 'Case Closed' books.

I wish you all the best,
    Amanda

Comment

Good luck with the book.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Thank you, Amanda and GUT for the kind words.

I'm really hoping the Casebook community enjoys it as an entertainment, first of all, but one that is hopefully based on the solid foundations they've built.

I found myself going back to it again and again at the end to change little facts here and there, before I forced myself to let it go. I could have gone on forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Conway View Post

I'm really hoping the Casebook community enjoys it as an entertainment, first of all, but one that is hopefully based on the solid foundations they've built.

I found myself going back to it again and again at the end to change little facts here and there, before I forced myself to let it go. I could have gone on forever!
          Hi Anthony
          Good luck with the book, and welcome to the Ripper Crime Novel authors club

Comment

I've never written a novel [texts yes when I had similar issues] the bride has, so can really appreciate what you are saying, it gets to a stage where you simply have to "let go" or it will never be finished.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

To Andy

The premise of the book sounds interesting. Good luck with the book.

Cheers John

Comment

Hey Andy, congrats on your new book. I ordered a copy of the paperback yesterday.

Have you sent a review copy to Ripperologist?
                “When a major serial killer case is finally solved and all the paperwork completed, police are sometimes amazed at how obvious the killer was and how they were unable to see what was right before their noses.” —Robert D. Keppel and William J. Birnes, The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations

William Bury, Victorian Murderer
                http://www.williambury.org

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt Earp View Post
                  Hey Andy, congrats on your new book. I ordered a copy of the paperback yesterday.

Have you sent a review copy to Ripperologist?
                  No I haven't. But I'm happy to. Could you tell me how to go about it? (I can email an ebook copy ahead of the paperback).

Cheers

Comment

No I haven't. But I'm happy to. Could you tell me how to go about it? (I can email an ebook copy ahead of the paperback).

Cheers
                    You can contact Ripperologist by sending an e-mail to contact@ripperologist.biz.

Paul Begg does a great job with the reviews there. He reviews both fiction and nonfiction. I've seen reviews by other notable ripperologists there as well.
                    “When a major serial killer case is finally solved and all the paperwork completed, police are sometimes amazed at how obvious the killer was and how they were unable to see what was right before their noses.” —Robert D. Keppel and William J. Birnes, The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations

William Bury, Victorian Murderer
                    http://www.williambury.org

Comment

Working...
                    X