The witness that refused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post
    Does my 'master thesis' threaten you ...?
    Not at all, Jonathan, and I'll tell you something. As someone who studied and lived in the East End in the 1960s and was always regarded as an outsider by the locals.

A fine featured middle class person like Druitt would, as the Brit phrase goes, have stuck out like a sore thumb in Whitechapel in 1888 and I suggest that you should take this fact into account when accusing him of being JTR.
    allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
      Not at all, Jonathan, and I'll tell you something. As someone who studied and lived in the East End in the 1960s and was always regarded as an outsider by the locals.
      Hello Stephen,

It was always that way, I have been told. I remember when I took my (then) wife and elderly family locals into a pub in the East End in the early 80's. One of the elderly ones amongst us, a 72 year old woman, turned around within 10 seconds of us entering and called out to those standing and sitting in the pub.. "they're wiv me"... and all eyes returned to whatever they were doing before we walked in. My ex-wife was rather bemused by the whole episode. Happy days!

best wishes

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
        A fine featured middle class person like Druitt would, as the Brit phrase goes, have stuck out like a sore thumb in Whitechapel in 1888
        Interesting you should say that. So what do you think Druitt might have dressed like, "assuming" (just for the sake of argument), that Druitt was on the streets of Whitechapel?

Aged about 30?
        Height about 5' 6-7"?
        Dress: Morning/Cutaway coat, hard felt hat or Billycock style?
        Appearance, like a clerk.
        Hair dark, moustache dark, pale complexion?

Sound familar?

Regards, Jon S.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
        X