No announcement yet.

picture of mary kelly's room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was discussing this with SPE once and his theory makes perfect sense. Apparently, it was just a couple of microscopic flakes of rust found in the scratches that had to be picked up with, I understand, an electron microscope.

The cause? How about using an old hatpin to make the scratches? The flakes of rust are not from the watch - they're from whatever it was that was used to scratch the initials on the back of it.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
      'ere we go, as one earwig said to the other

[ATTACH]905[/ATTACH]

Hmmmm, there seems to have been an earthquake in this room since the last time I saw it. There's a bleeping big crack through a bit of the furniture.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

I'm new to the site - not new to Jack the Ripper. A big interest for me for 10 years

If everyone says the diary is a fake and was writen inside the last 20 years or so then why is everyone looking at Kellys picture to see FM and saying it means Florence Maybrick? This sounds crazy. If diary is faked then J Maybrick was not Jack - no other suggestion/evidence that he was - why do people look to see his wife's initial on on the wall in the photo? FM - if you look hard yes maybe you can see it, but not plainly. Could be Felix Mendellsohn. Could be just bullshit.

The watch - rust? Did Turgoose the scientist who investigaed the watch say he saw rust? He saw flakes of metallic stuff, but rust is iron oxide and I dont remember his report speaking of rust.

Hey - what if the watch was found first and someone thought Wow this is good! J Maybrick written in it! What if this watch is really genuine? Turgoose says the scratches are old, doesnt he? J Maybrick was Jack the Ripper! We got his watch so lets write a diary now and make some real money out if it! Possibility?

Phizzie

Comment

Hi Phizzie,

Some people see what hey want to see.

When I look at the image I see either blood spatter or a fault in the image, nothing more, but for many diary folk, they see the FM as a sign that Maybrick did it.

Much the same was we see patterns in the clouds, stars and simulcra in nature.
          Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
            FM = Freddie Mercury
            There were no more Ripper murders after Freddie Mercury died!!!111!Eleven!!11!

--J.D.

Comment

Hello all, As you can see the backdrop that supposedly has the FM on it...Ive never seen it myself, is the part of the wall that is constructed using an old door, effectively sealing off the room from the rest of the house, and the stairs Elizabeth climbs. The only thing Ive ever seen on that door aside from blood and stains is the faded impression of the number 26. My word isn't enough I'm sure, so you can check with Sam Flynn who was also a part of that same discussion last year, which was wiped out with the crash along with everything else. All that shows us the "partition wall" was originally a wall with a doorway, and that doorway was likely sealed using an old door for 26 Dorset Street. I'm not sure where that would have come from, I believe the only Dorset facing door of the house was the shed's, maybe from the door inside the archway that Elizabeth uses. Best regards all.

Comment

The alleged 26 on the wall is no more real than the alleged FM on the wall. Both are just people squinting at marks on a wall and trying to form characters in their heads.

Dan Norder
                Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
                  The alleged 26 on the wall is no more real than the alleged FM on the wall. Both are just people squinting at marks on a wall and trying to form characters in their heads.
                  Well, you may be right - except inasmuch as the alleged "26" appears on what may have once been the central cross-panel of a door, and in roughly the right place for a premise number to have been affixed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	26.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	653146
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I did anticipate that Dan, ...so if you doubt its there, I do encourage you to ask Sam, whom I assume your opinion is in higher regard of.

No Baphomets...just simple numbers. And it does address some comments of the time that said that wall was made of "old doors".

Best regards.

Comment

Sam,

Thank you, I was using your name as my collateral, but its much better from the source.

My best Mr Flynn.

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
                        I did anticipate that Dan, ...so if you doubt its there, I do encourage you to ask Sam, whom I assume your opinion is in higher regard of.
                        You've got to be joking, Mike. Dan's opinion of me must be lower than a snake's penis.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Sam,

"perrymason"'s trust in you is cute, but in this case it's unfounded.

The 2 in that supposed 26 is clearly not a two. The upright section is not a rounded or slanted midsection of a two but a severely vertical line... and, as can be clearly seen in the photo you posted, that line continues up the surface of the wall beyond the region you imagine to be a 26.

All throughout that photo here are little dark spaces of things that look like letters or other characters if you squint. In that image you posted something akin to a printed phone number can be seen across the bottom squared in section. Farther up the door, and as I posted to the boards a long time back, something like the word "faith" can be discerned coming out from the alleged cross on the wall (with the cross shape forming the largest portion of the small letter F). At best the particular photo being used had other papers sitting on it at some point and someone writing across it left impressions in the image. At worst the whole thing is just what imagine does for ambiguous data. Either way none of that was actually on the wall.

Dan Norder

Comment

Sam,

"perrymason"'s trust in you is cute, but in this case it's unfounded.
                            You're gonna love this, Dan - it wasn't even my idea in the first place! (Cue witty riposte )

For the record, I'm not too convinced about this "26" either. I'm certainly not concerned - whether it's there or not, it can have no bearing on the case, except inasmuch as if it is there, it shows that McCarthy or his predecessor were good at recycling!
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                              You've got to be joking, Mike. Dan's opinion of me must be lower than a snake's penis.
                              Well, perrymason is certainly right that my opinion of you is much higher than my opinion him, anyway.

I respect a lot of people who have ideas I disagree with. Frankly I don't agree with anyone's opinions all of the time (not even my own), and with some of the people I most respect probably it wouldn't even be as high as 80% of the time. Merely disagreeing with you or objecting to some of your actions doesn't mean I don't respect you. You're clearly in the group of people who makes an effort to get more knowledge and tries to sort it out.

Dan Norder

Comment

I am just wondering why it would not have been noticed by the investigators who actually went into the room.

Yours truly,

--J.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X