View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Harry D View Post
Bundy wasn't a family man who killed over a period of decades. His killing spree spanned approximately four years and he managed to get a lot done in that time before he slipped up.

Lechmerian's favourite hobbyhorse is someone like Dennis Rader. They often cite him as proof positive that family men can lead a "normal" life whilst moonlighting as a murderous psycho. Then you see that Rader murdered 10 victims (four of whom were mass-murdered) over a period of 17 years. That's how Rader was able to live this double-life, either because he had a greater degree of self-control or his impulses weren't as strong as other serial killers. Did the Ripper exhibit Rader-esque restraint? He killed half as many victims as Rader in a fraction of the time!
Hi Harry
Bundy didn't have kids but he had Normal female relationships-and definitely had a "double life".His first documented murder was in 1974, but he admitted to murders and attempted kidnappings as early as 1969 and many believe he committed his first murder of a young girl in 1961.

And yes Rader is another example of a family man killer who spans decades and can wait long periods of time in between killings. and use different MO also.

as is Ridgeway. the list goes on.

I guess I don't really understand your point then. The ripper and torso man cases are unsolved-they could have been the same man. So I'm giving you examples of serial killers who are similar if they were.

and the Chinese ripper is yet another example.
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote